Boycott Cumberland Mall Pets Shop

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Epicenter

Reaction score
This place is ridiculous. There was this cool girl who took care of all the fish like she was their goddess [I've not seen such dedication]-- they must've fired her, the twerps. Now, the place is a graveyard! I was going to get some nice healthy guppies like the ones she gave me last time from the Feeder Guppies tank (ALL of which did GREAT).. I look in there today .. no one manning the fish section .. all tanks are a murky white. Filters running, but clearly no carbon in them. Ammonia levels look to be off the scale. No water on the floor .. no gravel vaccuum out-- indicates no water changes have taken place in a long time.

In the feeder guppy tank, all 10 gallons of space for gravel were covered in corpses. There must've been 250 of them there alone. The air pumps and filters barely worked because of the hundreds of dead gupplies clinging to the intake grates. There was a fungal breakout so bad, 2-5 of the corpses would be tied together in a coccoon of what looked like cotton candy. I saw maybe 30 living guppies in a tank that had occupied about 300. Scrawled on the glass in marker was DNS (DO NOT SELL.) Even as feeders these would be like dropping biological weaponry in your tank in terms of disease scale.

I only wish I'd brought a camera to truly depict how horrifying a sight this was. It was like a Guppy Holocaust. That or the apocalypse.

Upon mentioning this to them, a rude, surly middle-aged woman let me know that "We're aware of that" and "Our manager is taking care of it." I told her, their damn manager wasn't doing nothing if he/she is letting a fungal growth break out like that, and leaving the store with 270 corpses in one of the tanks.

I'm never shopping THERE again-- it's PetsMart and Wal-Mart for me .. how the mighty have fallen. This place used to be fantastic. Avoid these uncaring butt holes. :p

welcome to my hell :X
i WAS that girl (not literally but i was the fish/animal keeper of a petstore in my town)
i was the best thing that ever happened to that store and after only working there a month i had customers pushing the assistant managers asside and asking for me by name
that didn't go over to well :/
after only working there several months my "probation period" was over and the assistant managers that use to rule the store were the ones giving the owner of the store my "review"
i was instantly layed off
i tried to ask what their reasons for my leaving were
to quote
"you just don't 'fit in' here"
TWERPS!!!!
now their fish are dying and their livestock is smelly and unkept! :grr:

I'm so sorry about what happened to both of you. When i finally move to Montreal one of the first jobs I'm looking for is to take care of fish(montreal is loaded with fish stores!). In my hometown though, I had people at work asking me their fish problems, I even cured one girls goldfish from ich. Makes you feel good when people come to you for advice, eh? :)

that place sounds awful :(

hopefully I'll be employed at the college animal house this year so yay for animal responsibility!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back