Blue ram care

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Draeko

Reaction score
Let me start out with I've never had cichlids. They've always fasinated me, but I've never really had the chance to get any. Recently I had my 5 gal come up with a fungus or something in the water I couldn't get rid of despite water changes, removing the fish, etc, and the fish died. I scrubbed the tank up real good and got it cycling again. Went to the pet store looking for something to fill the tank. I told the clerk about my interest in cichlids and she suggested the blue rams, so I bought them. Male and female, they seem to be getting along pretty well. The female is deffinately more active than the male, but he is moving around more this morning.

Anyway... on to my question. I could Google it, but would prefer answers directly from people who own/breed rams. What are the best tank parameters and tank setup? I have 2 smaller filters in my tank, but turned off one because it seemed too high powered. I have a heater that keeps the tank about 80F and an air pump set on low. I have a little rock formation thing and a plastic plant, with a "cichlid stone" coming in the mail today. I'm hoping to get them comfortable enough in the tank so they'll breed. I love having babies ☺ any recomendations or advice?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back