Blue planet - replacing carbon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishyfishyfishy69

Reaction score
my son received a 20l blue planet tank for Christmas. The pet shop told me to replace carbon every 8 weeks so I've purchased pellets but I can not find instructions about how to replace it! The filter has three containers, each split into four sections and filled with a sponge-like material. On one side of these is another section with a bag of white "logs" and on the other end a section with four black hollowed balls.

Can anyone tell me where the pellets should go?

Thanks in advance!

Active carbon is basically used for removing potential harmful toxins and removing medications that was used to treat ill fish. Other than that, not much use for these. They CAN be used as filter media for bacteria to colonise in.

Carbon is only active for a short while then either needs to be replaced or left in the filter as another filter media.

Personally I do not have carbon in my filters at all, never have. Though I do have some in my fish equipment store cupboard somewhere and has not been used but good to have just in case.

This link might help you in finding out what types of filter media there are and what purpose each type serves -

Know Your Filter Media

Ch4rlie
I have never used carbon in any tank for any reason.

That blue planet tank is a pretty nice looking all in one setup and if the filter is moving enough water it should be ok.

The little balls are just a media for collecting bio-goop, the pellets are probably supposed to go in one of the sections that now contain a sponge.

I honestly wouldnt bother with that carbon unless you're trying to remove chemicals etc. from the water, just clean all the sponges with water from your tank and call it good. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back