Blue Kangaroo Paws

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
I have really been out of the loop lately and normally keep an eye out for unusual plants. I found one today that was made by the people at Kings Park in Perth. It's called the blue kangaroo paw masquerade and is really nice. I used to breed kangaroo paws and had a range of colours but nothing like this. Apparently this plant has been around for over a year and I stumbled onto it by accident this afternoon. I have put out feelers trying to find some and hopefully will.

kangaroo paw blue masquerade.jpg

Stunning! How big do they grow?

Wow, what a gorgeous plant! *gently grabs it and unnoticably puts it into my pockets*. Welp, I need to go home and do generically random chores I made up to not seem suspicious! *runs away with plant leaves awkwardly sticking out of coat pocket*

Actually though that is a beautiful plant, I would love to find out more about it!

I have really been out of the loop lately and normally keep an eye out for unusual plants. I found one today that was made by the people at Kings Park in Perth. It's called the blue kangaroo paw masquerade and is really nice. I used to breed kangaroo paws and had a range of colours but nothing like this. Apparently this plant has been around for over a year and I stumbled onto it by accident this afternoon. I have put out feelers trying to find some and hopefully will.

View attachment 327444
Very interesting plants.

Stunning! How big do they grow?
I'm not sure how big they get, it will depend on what the parents are. It is a hybrid and one picture I saw showing the leaves suggested one of the parents was an Anigozanthus viridis, which only grow to about 18 inches high. If it has Anigozanthus manglesii in, the leaves will grow to about a foot long but the flower stalk can be 2-3 feet. If it has Anigozanthus flavidus in it, the leaves can reach 3-4 feet and the flower spike can hit 6 foot plus. The fact is has A. viridis in would suggest it will be a smallish plant around 18-24 inches high. The following link says they grow to about 50cm high.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back