Bettas fins are looking stringy and colors are dull.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

She has her territory marked out.
A happy healthy Betta will will claim the whole tank as its territory,
Its funny how you dont know the difference between surviving and thriving, maybe you should look it up.

Its funny how you dont know the difference between surviving and thriving, maybe you should look it up.
Well she's as happy as a clam swimming around the whole tank not bothering anyone. If betta do best on their own, how come there's so many successful sororities? She's got her colors, eats loads of food, and swims all day. Don't you have anything better to do than tell a teenager how their tank should be set up when you know nothing about the tank or the personality of the fish?

Like it's not your tank so why are you worrying about it?

Like it's not your tank so why are you worrying about it?

That's incredibly rude. He is only helping you and you find the need to snap back.

Bettas (commonly know as the Siamese fighter fish, or Betta splendens) are an unfriendly fish. They should be kept in a tank on their own. All those fish you listed wouldn't be good for a betta. Like I said it's good that your bettas doing fine but as nick said in 6 months you will see the bettas true colours. Bettas normally decide to attack when no-one is watching.
How aggressive are bettas?
The Betta fish became known for being incredibly aggressive. However this degree of aggression is not common for the naturally occurring fish. Certainly two male Betta fish are not approving of each other when they swim past territorial bounds; however, in nature these encounters rarely result in death. The naturally occurring Betta fish males will show signs of aggression, such as making themselves appear larger by flaring their gills and in the majority of cases one of the fish will back down and swim away. With the targeted breeding that took place in an effort to create optimized fighting fish however; many Betta fish bred in captivity will fight to the death. I would recommend you put it in a tank on its own. But since you don't listen I feel like I'm wasting my time. Also we are getting of topic here. We need to get back on track.

Most reactions

Back