Betta - Siamese Fighting Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
May I add;

There are lots of types of Bettas; Plakat, Half-Moon, Crowntail, Veil Tail, Lesser known Delta Tails, Butterfly Tails, Double ____ Tails, etc.

It's important to know which is which. I've been to pet stores that are selling 'Half Moon's for 12 dollars, and not a single half moon in sight. Not even a Delta Tail, which very much resembles a Half Moon!

Say you want to go to a Pet Store and buy a Half Moon. Most Pet Stores sell Veil Tails, Crowntails, and Half Moons. There may be occasionally Plakats.
You're looking about the Pet Store and finally find the betta fish. You're looking through the Half Moons. You notice some that you like, and pick them up to look at them to choose. You might not notice it, but say one has a shorter 'top fin'. This is not a Half Moon.

the_clearly_canadian_betta_by_bluesand1313-d5geidz.jpg

This is my male Delta Tail betta, Ranger. I bought him believing he was a Half-Moon. If you see his 'top fin', you can see that it is much shorter then a Half Moon's, and he has his fins splayed out.

green_dragon_halfmoon_by_lil_kiwiz-d5dc24l.jpg

This is a male Half Moon. See how the top fin is splayed out like the rest of the body?

my_new_betta____by_frzn_tyme-d5f8zqr.jpg

This is also a Half Moon betta. He doesn't have his fins all splayed out even, and you can still tell the top fin is rounder then my male, Rangers.

Also, the most common looking female is one like I have;

nira_by_bluesand1313-d5gj3vf.jpg

May I add;

There are lots of types of Bettas; Plakat, Half-Moon, Crowntail, Veil Tail, Lesser known Delta Tails, Butterfly Tails, Double ____ Tails, etc.

It's important to know which is which. I've been to pet stores that are selling 'Half Moon's for 12 dollars, and not a single half moon in sight. Not even a Delta Tail, which very much resembles a Half Moon!

Say you want to go to a Pet Store and buy a Half Moon. Most Pet Stores sell Veil Tails, Crowntails, and Half Moons. There may be occasionally Plakats.
You're looking about the Pet Store and finally find the betta fish. You're looking through the Half Moons. You notice some that you like, and pick them up to look at them to choose. You might not notice it, but say one has a shorter 'top fin'. This is not a Half Moon.

the_clearly_canadian_betta_by_bluesand1313-d5geidz.jpg

This is my male Delta Tail betta, Ranger. I bought him believing he was a Half-Moon. If you see his 'top fin', you can see that it is much shorter then a Half Moon's, and he has his fins splayed out.

green_dragon_halfmoon_by_lil_kiwiz-d5dc24l.jpg

This is a male Half Moon. See how the top fin is splayed out like the rest of the body?

my_new_betta____by_frzn_tyme-d5f8zqr.jpg

This is also a Half Moon betta. He doesn't have his fins all splayed out even, and you can still tell the top fin is rounder then my male, Rangers.

Also, the most common looking female is one like I have;

nira_by_bluesand1313-d5gj3vf.jpg
[/Q
Finley.jpg
Finley.jpg
Finley.jpg
Finley.jpg
Finley.jpg
Finley.jpg

Finley.jpg

Most reactions

trending