The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

b1030420

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick one.

Ive now bred 2 lines of bettas, 2weeks and 4 weeks old.
Now my question is when will they grow?! lol silly question i know bt its my 1st time with bettas.
my 4 week old fry obviously bigger than 2 week old but yet still they are about the size of day old guppy fry.
Feeding them on micro and bannana worms @ 27c

Darent release them into 40l growing tank as im afraid they will disappear

Any advice? thx

frist i would say put them in the big tank they are easyer to grow on. just make sure the filter in there is a sponge filter notheing to strong as it will suck the babys up , the next thing i will say is that @ about 12 weeks you need to seperate the males and females ,females can stay together male all need seperate tanks as they start to fight just after 12 weeks i lost my frist batch of betta from this come down in the morning only 2 fish left from 30 or so, (can you home 15 or so male at one time?)i had real problems in rehoming ther males i gave them to a fish shop for free in the end,
hope this helps mate not being nasty its just what i found with bredding them good luck mate hope this is a help

When you can see them about 1 foot away put them in so thin bigger

I'd say release them to the 40l with a sponge filter. Betta fry excrete a growth inhibiting hormone that stunts the growth of their siblings. The effects of this hormone are reduced in larger tanks and with regular water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Back