betta food error

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
it was about 11:30 when i fed my betta last night, i feed him like 2 little brine shrip dryed things that come in the food but i was out yesturday and wasnt able to feed till late. so they food always gets into the cap so i just twist it and it comes out, well last night when i twisted it the thing exploded, i did the same little cap twist as always that gives like 7 flakes, which he never eats all of anyways. so the whole thing was covered in red. i couldnt change him scence it was late and i wake everyone up. and i cant change the water now because my brothers asleep. i didnt have the net at the time because its w/the other tanks in the basement room. so all the food is still in there now, when i woke up i saw him swimming aroud though, so i know he didnt over eat and die, but is this really bad for him?

100 percent change NOW. Your first worry isn't that he will eat himself to death - it is the pollution in your betta bowl from the food. Wake whoever up - they can always sleep later, your betta may not have a later... Make sure his tank/bowl is completely clean and do it ASAP.

ALASKA

in the future, make sure to open/prepare the food not directly over the tank/bowl :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back