Betta Falx

lilfishie

Its a kinda MAGIC!! ^_^
Reaction score
i now have 2 pairs on the way for what think is bargain price of £10 :D

they will be living in a heavily planted 60l tank with a Bulldog pleco

any tips on breeding these guys?

I could have sold you a pair for nearly half that price. Feed them up on pleanty of live/frozen food like bloodworm, daphnia etc and just leave them to it and it should happen when thier ready.

wish i had known that :rolleyes: they are actually breeding already, 1 lot arrived with fry, the other male is holding already, if i'm right he should spit them over the weekend :good:

Once they start breeding they dont stop. They hold for 10-14 days. Dont forget as with alot of mouthbrooders the male wont have eaten for up to 2 wk, dont let him back in with any females until hes been eating well for a week or 2 other wise the females will probably try to spawn again which means he wont eat if he does. Sorry if you already know this.

i am going to seperate hm later today into a 3 gal i have until he spits and recovers for a week or so :good:

Lilfishie, I would be delighted to get two pairs of B falx for only £10. In the US, I have yet to see them for even twice that price and I lost my B. simplex male soon after I received him with the pair costing me about £20 in US dollars. Even the simplex I found challenging as mouthbrooders but the falx are also prettier fish.

Most reactions

Back