Beta tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am thinking about getting a 5
gallon tank for a beta in the near future it’s about all I have room for at the moment. I am going to do a sand substrate. I would like to do some good aquascaping for this tank and have some good plants. Anyone have any suggestions on how to decorate the tank and what plants would be best for a beta. Would I be able to have any type of bottom dwellers such as dwarf Cory’s or shrimp? I do now that betas sometimes eat shrimp but I would hope with enough hiding and breeding I will have a good population. Sorry if this is not the right area for this question but I couldn’t post the thread in the beta section for some reason.

I have a Betta with ghost shrimp and he doesn't try to eat them. Granted, they are clear, so he can't really see them. My male Betta doesn't try to eat the shrimp, but my female does. It really depends on their personality. Amazon sword, Dwarf Hairgrass, Anubias, are all plants that are great for Bettas. Mine likes to rest on the leaves. Really any plant that isn't sharp is good for Bettas.

I have a Betta with ghost shrimp and he doesn't try to eat them. Granted, they are clear, so he can't really see them. My male Betta doesn't try to eat the shrimp, but my female does. It really depends on their personality. Amazon sword, Dwarf Hairgrass, Anubias, are all plants that are great for Bettas. Mine likes to rest on the leaves. Really any plant that isn't sharp is good for Bettas.
My male betta ate two of my three cherry shrimp. Bettas can be unpredictable. He lives in a 5 g tank with the remaining shrimp and a mystery snail. The tank has Anubias, Amazon sword and Carolina green cobomba. He loves the plants.

I've had bettas which ignored shrimp and bettas which killed shrimp. As each betta is different, it's impossible to say whether they'll eat shrimps or not until you try it - and the shrimps could become an expensive betta snack.

I've had bettas which ignored shrimp and bettas which killed shrimp. As each betta is different, it's impossible to say whether they'll eat shrimps or not until you try it - and the shrimps could become an expensive betta snack.
My son-in-law became a vegetarian after becoming the proud owner of his first dog. I wish I could say the same of myself following shrimp Ownership. 🤓

Amazon sword gets too big for a 5 gallon. But Anubias would be really good. There are all kinds too. Cryptocorynes could be a good substitute for a sword.
If going with the shrimp option, they like java moss.

Fast growing floating plants are always a good option and bettas like them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back