Berbies Fishless Cycle

I read on one of the other fishless cycles to do a water change to reduce nitrite levels do i need to do this??
regards
berbie

I advise water changes if nitrite is over 5 ppm for more than a few days. I find that without the water change at this point, the cycles often stall. Make sure to use warm, dechlorinated water.

I advise water changes if nitrite is over 5 ppm for more than a few days. I find that without the water change at this point, the cycles often stall. Make sure to use warm, dechlorinated water.
Nitrite has been over 5 for quite a few days now. Its 15mg/l is that the same as ppm?? I have a 180 litre tank how much water should i change??
best wishes berbie

Yeah, 15mg/L is 15ppm. I would do a massive water change (as big as possible)!

I did a big water change nitrites down to below 5 now. Do i need to keep water changes up evry time its above 5 for a couple of days?
berbie

No. If it sticks above 5 for several consecutive days then you might want to do another one. But as of now let things settle in and stay patient. :good:

Hi my fishless cycle has slowed down dramatically; I was processing 4ppm of ammonia to 0 in 12 hrs its processing 3-4 down to 2 in 12 hrs nitrite is at a regular 5 after doing a water change 4 days ago, should i do another??
best wishes berbie

Just to add to this the water change that i did the other day was not afull 90% probably 50% at the most, the thing is the rate in ammonia drop since the water change has slowed down.
any help appreciated
berbie

Water changes can be disruptive to a cycle, as well as helping stalled cycles. You used dechlorinated water, right? It should have bounced back after 4 days... just be patient. That is the biggest ingredient needed in a fishless cycle - patience. Sorry I couldn't give you any better news than that.

Of course it will. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back