Beginner Tank Setup

i still think you shouldnt have fish! your just as bad as the people in the link that Stav'sbetta posted about the betta fighters! you might as well be dumping your fish on the floor and then leaving! do us all a favor and find a hom for the 3weeks your gonna be gone! OR find someone that will atleast have a heart and come to your house and take care of them!

I totally agree with everyone, how could you be so irresponsible. You are obviously heartless to feel its okay to go away and leave your fish not worrying whether they have food, Im going away for a week at christmas and will be getting my fiance's brother to drive 40 miles to feed them for me. You should'nt have fish or any animal, you make me sick.

And if you stock your tank with new fish, what are you going to do next summer if you have to go away again, let them die as well, take the advice of people here and dont keep fish unless you are prepared to look after them.

Fish aren't just for christmas, their for life!
Have you paid the electric bill? you could accidently forget and get yourself cut off, see if that kills them off.

How about offering some suggestions folks?

Try and get someone who can come in and do a couple of watter changes, feed your fish once in a while. Fish are fine to be left for a week vaction every so often but in your case you have to set something up. Since you are considering new fish anyways most fish stores will take fish if you givem to them, maybe even give store credit.

As for the coy=koi and goldfish not recomended in the slightest they are a great combination in a pond but koi need at least one thousand gallons-be responsible and don't buy them unless you have a winter andd summer home for them. Goldfish will work in you tank common or comet goldfish you are looking at 2. For slightly smaller fancy varieties three. Note that goldfish are extremely messy fish that need alot of maintenance and effort.

I personally wouldn't recomend goldfish to anyone without a pond they really thrive in nice big outdoor ponds-so consider looking at other fish seeing what you liek and asking more questions around here

Most reactions

Back