before fish questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:huh:

:rofl: Okay bought some fish, sadly they are only comets but oh well, some long fined reds and some long finned red and whites, still their cool fish but i wanted something more intresting but no such thing is sold, thanks for your help bribones and ryan

EDIT-> they have succesfully eaten the first earthworm in since we netted the last 30 or so out, good fishies

I'd love to get pics but no digi-cam, saveing some film on a disposible camera i got for free but need to keep room to get pics of my other tanks when their setup which may be a while still

sadly they are only comets

apart from koi ,my comets are some of the nicest fish ive got ,and in a pond they will get to a good size ,colour feed to keep the orange looking topper,ill take some pics of mine at the weekend and put em in the briefcase ,(see link below)

hey all since it seems people are still watching this I won't bother with another topic, but i think one may be sick, he/she seems to just sit on the bottom the whole times and moves to a different spot every so often is it just adjusting or is it sick? do they want some rocks or decor too the bottom of the pond is bare?
Tell me when those pics are ready

Instead of play sand, go with pool filter sand. It's much better and won't cloud the water and as this is a pond, you'll have some large fish moving around stirring the substrate up which play sand sadly will easily cloud.

Have no substrate won't affect the fish, my koi pond has no substrate and all is well so far. It may be constipation or stress or the fish may just be resting after its recent move.

five days and it still doesn't move much, could it be being bullied cause their is a bigger fish who sorta pushes the other ones out of the way and seem to try and suck on them (?), so are goldfish agrisive. Why else could this fish be so unactive, havent even seen him come up for food

No I doubt he is being bullied he would have completely different behavior it could singnal internal parasites, constipation, stress, bacterial infections and so on. It may be a good idea to net it and have a close look for signs of disease or test the water. :)

Okay i did that, and no ich or parasite sort worms hanfing from him or hoh or extra mucus, that's all knew too check for. So is there something I should do, also is when the fish try and suck on each other is that a nice thing for them to do or are the being agrisive?

Suck on each other?

Can you elaborate? :)

just cause there mouths look like there always sucking, but they are just putting their (?)lips(?) on each other

Strange, I am still not quite with you? How is the fish doing?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back