Bba, I Cant Cope Anymore,defeated

ballyclover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have been experiancing very bad BBA, i have read all the information available, dosed with excel,turned off the lights for all but an hour and still no effect,or very little.I must be doing something wrong

I have a 180lts tank, planted,lots. I am now using a homemade CO2 compressed air set up.I use this as the diffuser http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hagen-A7542-Fluval-CO2-Diffuser/dp/B004H2GQV4

i run the co2 during day light times only,.....my lights are on a timer from 8pm-10pm.

The BBA has gotton worse, i have tried increasing, decreasing the co2 over a period of time so not to cause a sudden drop or increase. All tanks readings are good and plants growing well.fish looking happy.

I ve never had BBA with any other tank and its getting me down and spoiling my love of this hobby. Any help would be apprecaited

unable to offer any advice but I can offer sympathy (if that helps at all) I've got it too and I can't get rid of it either. It does spoil the look but one thing I have noticed is my platies have discovered a liking for it and have started nibbling. They seem to be keeping it at bay if nothing more.

It seems to me, that once you've introduced it to the tank there's no getting rid of it and I've just accepted that now and I'm learning to live with it.

Sorry I can't offer more than that :look:

Here take a look at this link, its one of my journals and on page 2 is a guide to getting rid of BBA and I guarantee it works every time.

Click here

thanks stevo will take a look, so spot doing having emptyied the tank 50% worked for you? May i ask what the name of the aqua carbon was you used.I have used excel flourish in the past..

Do you find using pressuired Co2 helps?

It was the pressurised that caused it lol, had a leak but all sorted now tho. Once the CO2 levels and distribution is level it wont come back. I used Aqua Essentials Aqua Carbon, its slightly stronger than Excel and cheaper.

steveo can i ask what diffuser you use for your Co2 setup, i use the fluvel one but not working that well to be honest

Also try to keep your CO[sub]2[/sub] as stable as you can while you are getting rid of it. Changing the levels of CO[sub]2[/sub] will actually encourage its growth.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back