bonds

• i booed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i cheered

• who is barry bonds

• Total voters
I was in the car, listening to it on the radio, and it did make me smile. If I had been there, I would have cheered. The thing is, yes, he's probably using steroids (or at least did use steroids in the past), but so did a lot of other people. I mean, how appropriate was it that the pitcher he hit 755 off of had tested positive for steroids a couple years ago. As far as I'm concerned, enough people are using them that it is pretty much a level playing field, and a valid record.

BarryBonds.jpg
Arod will beat it in the next 10 years.

He doesn't deserve anything other then a punch in the face. He isn't an athlete, he is a pill popper.

I think it's a very sad day for baseball and sports in general. He has gotten away with cheating (IMO). Sure others are using steroids but Hank Aaron didn't and neither did Roger Maris (single season record topped by 3 users in McQuire, Sosa and Bonds). I hope that someday there is proof that all 3 used them so those records can be stricken from the books. The really bad part about it is that he will probably try to play long enough to hit 800 now.

i think it is a matter of time until it is breaked.. and by someone clean

A-Rod gettin 500 homeruns at 30? amazing
i think bonds got 500 at 38.

so as long as no one kills a-rod he will beat it.

for all you people not in america......... this is called BASEBALL(beys-bawl)
and barry bonds is an idoit who cheats

I'm not a big fan of A-Rod either even though I am a Yankees fan. He's another of those that has pimped himself to the highest bidder with little thought for team. I'm not so certain he is 100% clean (probably very few are) but he has been fairly consistant through out his career. I would rather see his name in the books than Bonds'.

I don't know if A rod uses only because he has been a big guy ever since he came into the league. Unlike Bonds who looks like an Ethiopian child when he entered the league and now looks like the Hulk!

ahhahahahahah- his son is real skinny.

ya and about a-rod i don't even understand why the yankees would even pay him that much.. he is getting paid more than someteams whole salary cap!

I'm not a sports fan myself; but i think if theres even the slightest evidence that he EVER used preformance enhanceing drugs, he should have his title stripped.

well MLB doesn't seem to care very much if someone uses roids.... I forgot his name but this guy was caught for the third time sbusing roids.

So i doubt bonds will lose his title

I'm not a sports fan myself; but i think if theres even the slightest evidence that he EVER used preformance enhanceing drugs, he should have his title stripped.
Well he has reportedly admitted to the grand jury that he used the "cream" and "clear" (the jargon names these particular steroids have been given) but said he didn't know what it was and thought it was flaxseed oil and arthritis balm. His personal trainer is in prison because in his part in the BALCO labs situation. And Bonds could still go to jail for perjury for his testimony during that grand jury hearing if they can prove he lied while under oath. That is an ongoing investigation at this time.

Just a quick look at his career stats reveal the change in his power output once he became associated with BALCO labs. Before BALCO, in 15 seasons during the prime years of his career, he had 494 home runs in 7456 at bats or 1 home run for every 15.09 at bats. Starting in 2001 (the year he became associated with them), he has had 263 home runs in 2320 at bats or one every 8.8 at bats. And that was at 37 years old, a time when most athlete's numbers are starting to decline sharply. He had never hit more than 49 homers in a season before 2001 when out of no where he hit 73.

As far as him losing the record, you are right that it may never happen but he also will most likely never make it to the hall of fame as that is by a vote of a select group of sports writers. They have already denied Mark McQuire entry on his first try so I would say that Bonds isn't likely to fare much better in their eyes.

I don't think MLB WANTS to know their players are using. Like it or not, steroids saved baseball. Sammy Sosa and Mark McQuier's slug-fest lifted baseballs rating from the dead. I really do not like the idea of players breaking records when they could be cheating. I guess if Bond's can sleep at night and hang his hat on a record that might not be his, then whatever... someone will learn how to cheat better than him down the road. Sad really.

Most reactions

Back