Banjo catfish?

A-n-d-y

Reaction score
I have a banjo catfish , but i have gravel not sand ...will this be a problem?

I wished i had got sand now ,but i could only see the colour i wanted in gravel and did not plan to have a catfish but when i saw this one i fell for it and wanted it.

Also how do i feed him , i have bloodworms but everytime i place it in the tank my barbs eat them all up before any sink to the bottom.

Thanks

Thanks for that website , found it useful ...im just worried incase the catfish is not getting enough food as he hardly moves and even when i place food near him ,he still does not move.

How many bloodworms should i feed him a day , one tablet or less?

Just tried to put some blood worms right by him but the barbs came down and took them , im sick of the barbs now they are just plan greedy...how can i feed my catfish without the barbs nicking the food?

The barbs know when i have food as soon as i put my hand in they start pecking at my hand and following it so i cant get away with hiding the food.

Get a piplette fill it with a few worms then squeeze the piplette at the bottom of the tank near the fish.

Not sure if that will work as he does not hardly move ,even when food is put right on top of him ... is there any food i can buy what the barbs will not eat and he will?

Banjos are slow movers - I can pick mine up easily. If your gravel is fine, then he will bury himself in that, if not, make sure that there is somewhere for him to hide - plant roots, or a small cave. Feed about half an hour after lights out. The others should have settled for the night by then and it will give the banjo a chance to find some food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back