Baby snail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ieesha99

Reaction score
This little snail as appeared in my tank any ideas on the type of snail or is it to small to tell ?
04467E06-DAFE-4B61-8DF0-C6FAA1D481D9.jpeg

best to control them while you can, before you have 100's

BTW... a young snail, but doesn't look like a "baby"

Last edited:
Iā€™ve noticed something moving on my wood but itā€™s extremely small so canā€™t tell what it is. Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s the baby ones ? šŸ˜‚

My tanks have hundreds now after 1 hitchhiked on a plant I bought. I sorta regret leaving it but also love them for the job they do in my planted tanks.

The main cause of snails taking over the tank is over feeding the fish. The more uneaten fish food, the more food there is for the snail so they breed faster. Not over feeding and regular removal of any uneaten food is the easiest way to keep them under control. I have two species of 'pest' snail but their numbers are small.

My tanks have hundreds now after 1 hitchhiked on a plant I bought. I sorta regret leaving it but also love them for the job they do in my planted tanks.
I donā€™t have the heart to kill it haha šŸ˜‚ might as well name it now lol

The main cause of snails taking over the tank is over feeding the fish. The more uneaten fish food, the more food there is for the snail so they breed faster. Not over feeding and regular removal of any uneaten food is the easiest way to keep them under control. I have two species of 'pest' snail but their numbers are small.
Iā€™m not feeding atm as i havenā€™t got any fish. Iā€™m waiting for my tank to cycle

That should keep their numbers low for now. But once you have fish, make sure not to over feed. Fish need a lot less food than you'd think - the majority of our food goes to maintaining our body temperature and fish get their temperature from the water so they need less food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back