Maddie.terry24

Reaction score
So we discovered during a water change 3 little fry - presuming they are mollies

Weve googled how to save them (i know a lot have probably been eaten) and found a 'fry trap' using a bottle with food in and a small hole for them to get into but so far no luck 😔
Ive ordered a hatchery type thing but it won't be here for a few days and even when it arrives ive no idea how to get the quick little buggers into it!

Any advice is appreciated!!

IMG-20230410-WA0000.jpg

If you have mollies you are going to have a lot more. Personally I would leave them to it. Some will survive and some won't. But at some stage you will be taking bags of fish to your LFS for rehoming - or getting into a cycle of buying new tanks ;). Plants in the tank will help provide hiding places for the fry.

So we discovered during a water change 3 little fry - presuming they are mollies

Weve googled how to save them (i know a lot have probably been eaten) and found a 'fry trap' using a bottle with food in and a small hole for them to get into but so far no luck 😔
Ive ordered a hatchery type thing but it won't be here for a few days and even when it arrives ive no idea how to get the quick little buggers into it!

View attachment 315722
looking at the fry compared to the gravel, it looks pretty big already. but maybe your gravel is just small.
if you have a large net you can net it and keep it in there for a while

View attachment 315722
Don't buy anything, let them grow on their own. It weeds out the week so that the only ones you have left are strong and/or lucky.

Don't buy anything, let them grow on their own. It weeds out the week so that the only ones you have left are strong and/or lucky.
This would be okay if Maddie.terry24 wouldn't like to keep all those fry. But she could buy something to save those fry if she wants to keep them. For that's totally up to Maddie.terry24 to decide.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back