Are tiger babrs...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

leafs,

My tiger barbs are just over 2 inches, not sure if they will continue to grow or not, but I would love some 3 inch tiger barbs!

I mix there diet up a lot to try and promote growth. They get a lot of meaty, live, frozen, flake, and lots of veggies as well, a bit of everything really. I started feeding them live insects (mostly house flys) and they are loving them.

ccg said:
I started feeding them live insects (mostly house flys) and they are loving them.
ccq.....would the house flys not carry a disease or one sort or another that could harm your fish?

steve

Ccg,

I also try to give mine a bit of everything, blood worms, frozen, peas, brine shrimp. I love dropping a large shrimp pellet in the tank and watching them attack it. They all take turns swimming around with it. I haven't tried the live insects, but I might. I've noticed that their colors come out more when you feed them a good variety. How long have you had your Tiger barbs for?

thebaldranger, I have not had any problems so far, and my tiger barbs seem very hardy so I am not all that worried about it.

leafs, I have had my tiger barbs for nearly a year now and they still seem to be growing. It's funny you said that about the shrimp pellet as I do the exact same thing.

Most reactions

Back