Are These Too Many Fish For 28L Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

maisy12345

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi ,I`m planning to have 4 glowlight tetra, 4 neon tetra ,2 corries and 2 shrimps,would this be overstocked?

Yes in 28 liters your best off with one species and shrimps - or a very carefully selected mix of micro species.

I would go with 6 of one species of tetra and 6 shrimps. OR if you could get them a school of micro rasbora like galaxy rasboras and a trio of pygmy gourami might work

Wills

Hi have already got 4 glowlight tetra ,and 2 corries though ,forgot to mention,the tank is height 12 inches ,width 12 inches ,depth 11 inches

Hi have already got 4 glowlight tetra ,and 2 corries though ,forgot to mention,the tank is height 12 inches ,width 12 inches ,depth 11 inches

We're a right pair aren't we lol. Thank god for evryone here they're so helpful. I've learnt so much in just a week.

Hi Marie,I know ,me too,have only got a 28l tank ,but am already thinking of getting a bigger one,not yet though until I`ve found out more,but am really fascinated by them ,must be getting old,have already started to like gardening ,lol!

Hi Nelly,no way not into frogs ,yet

Lol the addiction will only get worse, i ended up with 8 tanks, the biggest being 566litres, breeding tanks and most species only.
But i had to sell them all so i could move,
It takes time, just enjoy what you have, if you can upgrade then do so, gives you more opportunity :good:

Hi Nelly,no way not into frogs ,yet
[/quote]
:lol:

Anyone else please ,i need all the advice on offer,really want 2 shrimps,think they `re called Armano,have already got 4 glowlight tetra and 2 corries ,and want another few small colourful fish,are these too many

28 litres is really small; you don't want to push it to far as you have no room for leeway in a tank that size.

An ammonia or nitrite problem can spiral out of control very quickly.

The shrimp won't add much to your bio load, so they'd be ok, but fish-wise I'd possibly add another cory or a couple more glowlights and be happy with that, tbh

2 corys would be rather lonely in a very small tank, they are a schooling fish and need to be kept in at least 5+ i certainly couldnt advise more fish for the tank. A better option would be to take the corys back or rehome them somewhere and get the 4 neons instead. :(

2 corys would be rather lonely in a very small tank, they are a schooling fish and need to be kept in at least 5+ i certainly couldnt advise more fish for the tank. A better option would be to take the corys back or rehome them somewhere and get the 4 neons instead. :(

+1

Although I'd always go for the 6+ of corys.

yeah more is better, i have 25 :eek:

Not in a 28l though :crazy:

what substrate have you got, maisy? Cories really do much better on sand. If you've got gravel; maybe take the cories back and have another two or even three glowlights and some shrimp?

That would be a really nice looking little tank, I think

Hi ,thanks for all your replies ,i`ve got chunky gravel ,only got 2 corries as man at pets at home said it would be alright ,come to think of it ,he never had much more in tank,was going to have only 1 +1 corrie amd shrimp.
And he claimed he had degree in fish,whatever that means,really stuck know as wanted interesting tank ,originally was planning 4 glowlight tetra,2 corries ,2 shrimp ,and 3 guppies,back to drawing board then!!! :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back