Aquascaping World Contest 2011

seems to be working now. didn't at dinner time. I assume there was some work being done on it

AC

Go for it LLj.

AC

You think? It's such a non-scapey scape. No special light backgrounds or anything fancy like that. Just a violent mess of crypts. :lol: What are the rules? Can you post them here?

L

I think the rules are quite tough:

You must not try and pay an entry fee because it is free. (donations accepted though :) )

You can enter up to 3 tanks.

Must be entered before 31st March 2011

And the biggy. It must be a fishtank with a scape of sorts within it. I assume aquascaping covers reefscapes, rockscapes as well as planted scapes.

Also be prepared to receive some 'critique' from well known names. Whether the critigue is taken as motivation to improve, pride in receiving praise, somtehing to laugh about is down to the scape and the scaper :)

We don't want scapes from just the 'big names' we want this to be an open event to all levels and experiences. Plus remember if you don't rank high it doesn't mean you aren't a good scaper or don't have a good scape. It just means that it wasn't to the judges' taste. Some great scapes/scapers will have styles that aren't 'fashionable' etc.... As I can't enter then others (and I am not pointing to you) need to balance the 'non nature aquarium style'. :)

Big Bad Rules :)

AC

It appears I am already doing a little better with plants and I may even get some good enough growth in the tank in time to at least add the photos and see what people think considering mine will very much be a
non nature aquarium style
as SuperColey1 put as my plants and fish are from all over the place and just what I like the look of and what I think suits the overall scape which maybe is sometimes lost when others do a specific natural habitat.

Anyways I will start a topic soon for you all to have a look and see what you think and how I can improve my scape as I have only been keeping fish and plants for about 2 months now.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Good, can submit Endor. Possibly the 8g too, but I have to check when I last photographed it, might be prior to the cut off. Endor had good photos from June, though, so it is good to go.

:lol: Dying to know what the judges think of Endor. Definitely NOT a fashionable tank. No rippling hairdryer waves, no light background, no neat fields of HC and hairgrass, no rocks, filter is running while pix are taken.

But it is a cool tank. :good:

I should call it Endor to.

The ASW comp has now been extended to the 15th of April...

get your tanks in! :good:

Sorry not been on for a while guys. Been very busy and have a new baby due in 2 months time. Unless there's a postal strike <---Joke of course. lol

On the subject of the competition the entry date was extended to 15th April as Ian has stated above. This was to do with some 'technical' issues with the site and took some time to get that fixed.

The results are hopefully going to be published in the next week or so. Will depend on some Logistics but that is the aim so I will update this thread when they are out.

Sorry for the 'silence' over the last few months and I thank you for your patience.

Regards
Andy

sorry to side track here Andy, but new baby?? 2 months? see you in the mat wing mate lol! Ours is due on the 1st of August.

must be that time of year ours is due in Aug too lol.

I think. (lol) that ours is due end July/first week August and the wife's sister is due the week after. lol. Definately due to the poor November weather :)

AC

Yeah we had nothing better to do at the time I guess lol. Anyway hijack over lol.

Just an update as promised. I now have news on the timeframe for the results. Bit later than planned but we had some major problems with the competition website and therefore it set us back quite a bit.

The following statement has been issued for the results:

As all know we had to postpone the deadline by 2 weeks due to technical issues. As a result of the postponed entry deadline the public voting is expected early June and final results late June.

Sorry for the delay with the competition entry and results and we thank you for your patience.

Andy

Most reactions

Back