Aquascaping World Contest 2011

is it possible to filter this by "no CO2" ?

Lol. We could ask but like some people say there is zero algae when they are meticulously cleaning all the time, some try and suggest they are low flow and no CO2 whilst blasting it out :) Sometimes Scaper bravado creeps in there.

Not many of these type of scapes are non CO2. If there are any it will be a single figure percentage and will pretty obvious from plant selections as most people in this hobby still think only ferns, anubias etc can be grown with no CO2.

Andy

is it possible to filter this by "no CO2" ?

Lol. We could ask but like some people say there is zero algae when they are meticulously cleaning all the time, some try and suggest they are low flow and no CO2 whilst blasting it out :) Sometimes Scaper bravado creeps in there.

Not many of these type of scapes are non CO2. If there are any it will be a single figure percentage and will pretty obvious from plant selections as most people in this hobby still think only ferns, anubias etc can be grown with no CO2.

Andy

Hehehe, mine were non-CO2 scapes. :shifty:

indeed but you know that you are not in the 'believer' category of the last paragraph :)

Andy

indeed but you know that you are not in the 'believer' category of the last paragraph :)

Andy

Oh, I know that. :) I grow some of the stuff better than the CO2 people do. ;) Did you see the crazy Bolbitis I'm offering for swap? I can't get stuff to stop growing.

I do wonder how they judged CO2 verus non-CO2? Did they automatically view a non-CO2 scape with different eyes? Very curious to see. Because while my scaping skills and photography skills could certainly use work, there is no questioning plant vigor.

I do wonder how they judged CO2 verus non-CO2? Did they automatically view a non-CO2 scape with different eyes? Very curious to see. Because while my scaping skills and photography skills could certainly use work, there is no questioning plant vigor.

Only the actual scape is judged. The 'system' is not. We do ask for the detail as do other competitions as it is interesting for others to see what others use.

So no CO2 and non CO2 are judged side by side on the scape's merits.

No judgement is made on the plant grower's abilities other than plants needing to be healthy. So if one scaper can grow anything like mad it won't score better than someone who can't grow as fast but it is still healthy.

Its the actual use of plants. how they fit in. etc.

Otherwise You I and George Farmer would always be in with a chance of winning these comps :)

Maybe there should be a 'master grower' competition for us to all compete in :)

Andy

Most reactions

Back