April 2012 Tank Of The Month Competition Winner Is:

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nice scape - what plants did you use?

Keep anything in there? How big actually is it?

hi thanks again for the kind words,

its 30x30x30 cm or 25 litre

Plants

Fissidens Fontanus
Hygrophylia Pinnintifida
Hygrophylia Compacta
Anubias Bonasai
Eleocharis Acularis
Eleocharis Parvula
Hemianthus Micranthemoides

currently has a few otto's and chili rasbora to keep the filter fed untill i stock it with Red Bee Shrimp

Plants

Fissidens Fontanus
Hygrophylia Pinnintifida
Hygrophylia Compacta
Anubias Bonasai
Eleocharis Acularis
Eleocharis Parvula
Hemianthus Micranthemoides

currently has a few otto's and chili rasbora to keep the filter fed untill i stock it with Red Bee Shrimp

Thanks :good: You've definitely got a knack for aquascaping :D

I'm a little late to the party, but that is one of the coolest tanks I have ever seen. I love it. Congrats!

Hi I would like to model my next tank after this. It will be a tank that houses something like a pair of angelfish or some pair of fish that take care of their young (obviously depending on the fish that are housed I will size the tank appropriately) but I was hoping someone could help me identify some (or all lol) of the plants. I see there is a list but I'm not sure which is which.

Specifically what is the grass like plant, what is the fern like plant (the large plant that there seems to only be the only stalk of it), and what is the plant that (ok this is hard to describe) kinda looks like wheat or something (obviously it isn't and it could just be the focus but the leaves coming off it in the pic remind me of a wheat stalk).

Lol some of my description probably sounds a little dumb but I really really like this tank and I have this vision of a pair of fish, mom and dad, living in something like that and raising their babies XD

So any identifiers or even an ms paint where you circle them in different colors and list what each is. In this thread or even in a pm. Thank you very much =)

Plants

Fissidens Fontanus This is the moss on the wood
Hygrophylia Pinnintifida this is the tall red/green ones that look a bit like palm trees/wheat
Hygrophylia Compacta this is the small "shrub" behind the rocks
Anubias Bonasai this is the small leafy plant on the wood between the moss
Eleocharis Acularis this is the grass type plant at the back and side
Eleocharis Parvula same as above just shorter an less straight, its at the front
Hemianthus Micranthemoides the tall stem plant along the back of the tank

hope that helps :)

Oh god. I skimmed it so quick because it was after I had typed my MSG up I didn't realize there was a description. Thanks a lot lol

haha foot in my mouth again XD thanks for adding it. It's one of the most beautifully landscaped tanks I've seen. Can't wait to re imagine it

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back