Anyone Starting Out?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

so we can do this together??? :look:

Once I get my tank repaired I will be starting out (again), though hoping to get a headstart on the cycle by running (and fishless cycling) it in a plastic storage box I have been soaking some bogwood in.

What tank do you have or are you looking at getting?

Once I get my tank repaired I will be starting out (again), though hoping to get a headstart on the cycle by running (and fishless cycling) it in a plastic storage box I have been soaking some bogwood in.

Hi....good one. I have a Aqua One 71L (2ft)tank, I had 3x mollies in for 2 days that started the cycle, but they died :-( .but i've had many conflicting messages for 2 wks now...annoyed as i could have been virtually there now!! :grr:

what have you got? why was it damaged?

Hi....good one. I have a Aqua One 71L (2ft)tank, I had 3x mollies in for 2 days that started the cycle, but they died :-( .but i've had many conflicting messages for 2 wks now...annoyed as i could have been virtually there now!! :grr:

what have you got? why was it damaged?

4 foot Seabray Dolphin, about 300l, it went through an RTC getting it home, but is seemed to be in one piece, it even passed 2 water tightness/integrity checks, but when I was filling it for real at about 4/5 full when the bottom pane cracked and the water started to slowly trickle out!

Hi there! I'm starting out a second tank :) Not doing a fishless cycle (sorry pro fishless cycle peeps :X ) though. It's my second day in.

what fish are you cycling with? I had Mollies x :rolleyes:

oh no Overload...bad luck..was it new? not easy things to transport huh? hope you get your head start :nod:

Cherry barbs. Read about your mollies, sorry for your loss :( I had a pair of dalmation mollies when I started out my other tank and they died in a few days too :/

i had a dalmation, a silver one and a Black one. Domino, Meg and Dorey :-(

i had a dalmation, a silver one and a Black one. Domino, Meg and Dorey :-(

Oh dear... I haven't had mollies since but they're really beautiful fish. :( Are you doing a fishless cycle now then?

yes..much to mine, hubby's and 7 yr old Son's annoyance...i told him they had to go back to the shop cos they were fighting.... poor lad!

oh no Overload...bad luck..was it new? not easy things to transport huh? hope you get your head start :nod:

2nd hand from flea bay, spent so much on replacement parts I could have almost bought another tank! (though not another of these if I can get it fixed for what they quoted will still be a bargain!)

Any ideas on stocking when your up and running?

I am thinking Rummynose Tetra, 5-banded barb, corys and a couple of cockatoo cichlids and/or Pearl gourami

Oh dear. Not really a good start but doing a fishless cycle brings you a lot of benefits in the future. So it's something to look forward to :good:

2nd hand from flea bay, spent so much on replacement parts I could have almost bought another tank! (though not another of these if I can get it fixed for what they quoted will still be a bargain!)

Any ideas on stocking when your up and running?

I am thinking Rummynose Tetra, 5-banded barb, corys and a couple of cockatoo cichlids and/or Pearl gourami

I definately want Mollies again, neons and maybe platties and i want a bottom feeder too x :D

Im in the process of a 2 week heat cycle on an empty tank right now. It was a hospital tank for a fish with Ich but the fish died, and now I am in process of killing Ich. Once I am convinced that the parasite is gone, i am going to do a fishless cycle with new media, and set up a nice planted "bachelor pad" for my male betta. It's a 10gallon starter tank, aquaclear 30 filter, with a marinelane adjustable heater.

Jealous much! I like your stocking idea. Love corys and cichlids plus rummynose tetras seems amusing to watch :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back