anyone else getting an Apple advert?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
For the last couple of days I have been getting an advert appear on the forum for "An Apple product"

If has a bunch of small red apples around the add and inside the add it says:
Fantastic!
This is not a joke!
1.000.000th visitor
ONLINE: 18/05/2018 11:34
Our random winners selection
system could choose you to win
An Apple Product
CLICK HERE
c PrizesWorld

-----------------------
I haven't clicked any of these adds but when I first load the forum and these adds appear, the add automatically go to a page without anything on it except PrizesWorld across the top. But it loads up about 100 of these pages on the same tab. It doesn't open new windows it just makes a bunch of them on the same window tab. So if I try to use the back arrow, there is nothing available but the page for the add.

Is anyone else getting this add or have I picked up a virus from somewhere?

I am using Windows 10 with MS Defender. I cant use any other virus scanners coz they conflict with MS Defender.

-----------------------
There is nothing on the add to click it to report it either.

Last edited:
What browser are you using?
What plugins are you using? Eg No script, Addblockers, Ghostery?

If you suspect a virus join Bleepingcomputer and start a post in our Am I infected? What do I do? section and we will help you clean it up.

I am using Microsofty Edge, horrible web browser but I get the same add on Firefox, which has gone downhill over the last 5 yrs. You hear me Mozilla.

Only plugins are whatever microsofty puts on my computer.

I decided to click the link and about 30seconds later a web addy appeared in the browser. I hit stop as soon as the address appeared and nothing else loaded up. It seems to be a gaming website so I fired off an email to apple because the add was misrepresenting them, so they can look into it.

Microsofty Defender didn't find any suspicious stuff on the pc when I did a scan so hopefully not a virus or malicious software. But you never know :)

I dont use Whingedos, Arch Linux is the best.

I run the following plugins

uBlock Origin, Cookie AutoDelete, Privacy Badger, Decentraleyes, Signed Pages, Fraudscore, HTTPS Everywhere, Ghostery.

There is nothing malicious coming from this site. You may have picked up something from your web browsing, but it wouldn't have come from us.

Well, the ad is clearly telling you that if you have an Apple computer you won't have to deal with malicious ads anymore. :D

In all seriousness, I don't know what kind of ad service the site uses, but some of these third party ad services get some shady ads sometimes.

Is this something popping up in a different window than the forum? If so, then it has nothing to do with the forum, and you probably have malware, specifically adware, on your computer. Maybe more. Clicking on the ad, even once, made it worse, I promise.

bleepingcomputer.com is the place you need to be this morning.

Adware can embed itself into the Windows operating system, and it can hijack your web browser, causing ads to come up all the time, or malicious websites, and can even sometimes track your entire web activity, or provide a means for other malware like spyware or a virus to enter your computer.

I cant use any other virus scanners coz they conflict with MS Defender.

This is true of running any two antivirus programs at the same time. They don't double the protection, they interfere with each other. Using another antivirus means you should disable the built-in Windows Defender, but a third party antivirus is going to be superior to Defender. I would opt for the superior antivirus, not the junk that's built-in to windows. Microsoft can't even make an operating system correctly. I sure don't trust them with malware protection.

As opposed to an antivirus, which is proactive protection, you can download some reactive clean-up tools, like malwarebytes, and see if running that helps. You can get that for free at malwarebytes.org. I think your system is already infected, so a reactive clean-up is what you need right now. It also doesn't interfere with your antivirus, as it's not an antivirus.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back