Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rods food add freaking my pc out

Discussion in 'Board Announcements & Suggestions' started by Colin_T, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

Sorry to the people advertising Rods Food but is there any way of changing that advert?

Every time I load a page with the Rod's Food adverts, my computer goes nuts and runs flat out until I close the page. This is bad for a forum and even worse because my pc is only 2 months old and should not have issues with adverts.

My pc is a 2 month old HP laptop running windows 10 pro. It has a 2.2ghz chip, 8 gig of ram, 1tb hard-drive, graphics card, etc. I am using Microsoft edge web browser, and have no other programs running when this happens.

Having written all this, my pc is not running flat out while I am writing this and there are 2 rods food adds on the page.

Anyone know what's going on?

2. NickAu

NickAu Member
    Tank of the Month Winner!

People actually use Edge? Are you using an add blocker?

My Browser setup.
    Mozilla Firefox: uBlock Origin, Cookie AutoDelete, Privacy Badger, Decentraleyes, Signed Pages, Fraudscore, HTTPS Everywhere

3. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

lol, yes some of us oldies still use ms edge :)

no to add blockers.

time to switch to firefox :)

4. dascrow

dascrow Admin
    Staff Member Admin

Those ads are animated gif files, I don't see how they could require that much process from your computer to display. We don't allow any flash or HTML5 ads that would normally cause such issues. My computer is an old mac (about 5 years old) and I don't have any issues using Chrome or Firefox.

Could it be something else going on?

5. Colin_T

Colin_T Member

no idea whats going on. All I know is when I open pages and they have the add my cpu starts going nuts. I close the page and cpu settles down again. :(

6. dascrow

dascrow Admin
    Staff Member Admin

Hmm. Can you try Chrome and see if you have the same results? I wonder if it's possibly a google ad that's causing the problem.

7. NickAu

NickAu Member
    Tank of the Month Winner!

You shouldn't really be surfing the net without protection, I suggest you join bleepingcomputer.com and start a post in our Am I infected? What do I do? section, we will help you clean up and secure your PC.