another cloudy tank????

billy_69

Reaction score
still working on my 90gal setup, have almost everthing bought but the TANK. So my wife couldnt wait any longer, she went out and bought a 10 gal. Well ive really read quit a bit about fish care and everything that i have read leads me to believe what she did was the wrong way of going about it. She bought a tank set it came with a filter,hood,etc. Well she then bought 5 fish :X :X :X 2 surpa tetras and three zebra danios. i came home from work and it was all setup ready to go :S :S (so she thought) she didnt know anyhting abput cycling or anyhting else that the pet store "employee" didnt tell her. one thing they did tell her was to de chlorinate the water (thank god)

So finally heres my question. the tanks been up for about 3 days no sign of ammonia yet and no sign of nitrite or nitrate of course. But the water is getting cloudier by the hour? I know bacteria blooms can cause cloudiness but no reading from my tests???? ???? ????

Oh yea did i mention that they sold her 60$$$ of chemicals "that she must have to have a fish tank. :rofl: :rofl: that i brought them back of course

once again thanks everyone for all the help uv been

just give it another week or so and then if water still cloudy go buy kent freshwater pro clear and use that or just do 30% water changes everyday until water is clear. :D

when your cycling with fish your supposed to monitor your numbers (Ammonia first) for spikes and do partial water changes when they get to the unsafe levels (usually once a day). Good thing she got danios... that's what most people suggest ya use when doing a 'with fish' cycle. Also from what I understand the more water changes ya do the slower your tank will cycle and the less negative impact the fish will absorb. Kind like someone has to suffer... you with daily water changes (but a 10 Gal isn’t bad, but your 90 will be a lil different...)... or your fish with amm filled water... (I'm splittin it 50/50, Im doing 33% water changes every other day :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back