Angelfish - Dying? (Eggs Problem Or Callamanus Worms?)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fluffycabbage

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi - could someone tell me whats going on with one of my angels? Is it because she hasnt laid any eggs for a couple of months? The area has been a bit swollen recently but she seemed fine til this morning. Shes now resting near the bottom, breathing is slightly laboured. Is this treatable or do i need to put her to sleep? (I use the clove oil method) Have a feeling this is the beginning of the end - dont want her to suffer though.

Just spoken to someone and he said it looks like callamanus worms. Any thoughts? Ive googled images and it does look like a new angel i put in a couple of months ago has them...as well as this poor girl :(

Not really sure to be honest, but the time frame matches as this is one of the few diseases that may take up to 3 months to show up symptoms.

I cant say if its worms, but any unused eggs get reabsorbed into the body. Similarly in human females, women start out with hundreds of thousands of eggs at birth, and then at puberty most of the eggs are reabsorbed back into the body until there's twenty thousand remaining, and then throughout their life more and more eggs get reabsorbed (and released through menses).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back