Angel Fish Has A Bump With Something White

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jollymo

Reaction score
Up until today I haven't had any problems with my angel fish and I have has it for 2 years so I don't know what to do.
It has a bump on its left side behind and slightly above its eye. It is red and looks swollen.
In the center of this bump there is something white, it almost looks like it was stabbed with
something plastic. Then, my angel fish is red all over his head. If at all possible I do not want to
Have to buy medicine but I will if necessary. I have considered the possibility of it being ich although I
Don't have any idea what it is. I have the temp. set to 86 and added aquarium salt. Any information you
Could give me would be great.
The tank is 10 gallons.
The only other fish in the tank is another angel fish.

Thank you!

Why would you not want to buy medicine?
From the description it's 100% not ich.

What are your water stats? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?
10g is by far too small for 2 Angelfish, not even large enough for one i'm afraid, you're looking at a tank at least 3/4 times that once full grown.

Is there anything different you've done/added to the tank?
Could it of damaged/hurt itself on decor?

Hopefully a more experienced member with knowledge of diseases can be more of a help.

As said by Sophie the setup is inappropriate for the fish. The fish could have been fighting as angelfish are fairly aggressive, especially in such a small tank fights could break out. And due to the stress of the living conditions may have led to an infection or something. I'm just guessing but a bigger tank should on be on your to-do list, as well as medicine!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back