Ammonia vanishing out of nowhere? Help with fishless cycle

Another thing to bear in mind is that when a tester reads the highest colour on the chart the actual level could be that value or anything above that value. If the shop used a tester with 5 ppm as the highest colour, your nitrite level could be 5 or anything over 5.
The danger with your current tester is that you can be misled into thinking the cycle has finished when there's still nitrite in the water.

Another thing to bear in mind is that when a tester reads the highest colour on the chart the actual level could be that value or anything above that value. If the shop used a tester with 5 ppm as the highest colour, your nitrite level could be 5 or anything over 5.
The danger with your current tester is that you can be misled into thinking the cycle has finished when there's still nitrite in the water.
Yes, thank you! I'll look out for that ;)

I'm really pleased people here understand this cycling method, because the more I read these threads the more, I get confused. I really don't understand how this works or the logic behind it.

I'm really pleased people here understand this cycling method, because the more I read these threads the more, I get confused. I really don't understand how this works or the logic behind it.
I'm a bit confused as a first timer, but I'm getting there!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back