Amir Khan

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

1. amir is very young, and is still learning.
2. he is a very good boxer. he can punch if needed, and can also box.
3. he is not the done deal. no boxer can be called the done deal. every boxer has his main strengths and weknesses.
4. he has less than 20 fights. ofcourse he isn't going to be a champ or fighting championship level yet.
5. his defence can be open for right hooks that he doesn't see. this isbad yet one or 2 right hands does not win you a round. thus amir can take the risk if he knows his chin is tough. which i'm not sure of
6. his chin is questionable. although willie limond hit him where anyone can get knocked down. even if willie had little ko's, anybody can get knocked down froma good blow to the temple.
7. amir is sometimes arrogant, but atleast he isn't disrespectful like soem boxers are.
8. the guy is just about getting to 12 round performances. he needs 4 or 5 better quality opponents to be fully world level imo.
9. nate cambell and cassamoayor are getting on abit. if he can beat them while they are potentially on their way out, then he will have a decent resume.
10. katsidis and juan diaz are young hungry fighters. potential to be a triple war of the greats.

11. i think along with haye, amir is the future of british boxing. hayes lost already, but he is quality. amir can be a world champ if he contnues to improve.

Good to see Amir provede me ane people like Mark in this thread right; that he was an overrated useless boxer made to look good by boxing bums.

One semi decent fighter with a good punch and he doesn't even last a minute!

Any bets on if he will now do a Naz and have one low key fight and then drift away far less cocky than he was?

Sometimes i draw a parallel with eubank. Hes talented but nobody likes a cocky git!

He needs a serious quality boxer to show him the ropes-----then we'll see his spunk.

What has Khan really achieved?

Hey didnā€™t you hear he won a silver medal at the Olympics lol. As I have always said Kahn is a bum he has a very bad boxing style and no defence, put that with the fact that he canā€™t take a punch and bang one pony boxer. The reason the UK was blinded by all the hype that Kahn was a good boxer was because Frank Warren was good at his job, he made his opponents sound like they were really good when in reality there either blown up featherweights or people who are on their way out. Thing with boxing is unless you really know the sport inside out its very easy to get taken in by all the hype, but I stuck to my guns because I knew it would happen put the little fool in the ring with a hard hitting South American and he will get knocked out, I was right but didnā€™t think he was bad enough to not last a minute.

And letā€™s just relive that special moment as it will go down as one of my favourite memories of 2008.
khanaction0709pa_802021c.jpg

Maybe this will buck his ideas up-either that or its finished him...(thanks to the bbc for your pic??? :blush: ) lol

Good job this fight was on sky-so only possibly 5 million viewers-lucky it wasnt on itv!!!!!

lol He lips almost hit his ear when he takes that shot.

Knew he would get beat last night and all the talk of a Hatton Showdown lol

What has Khan really achieved?

he's still a kid and still on path to bigger things. Problem he has now is his stock will be severely reduced now, financially and with what fights he can get.

He got battered there and all credit to Preston that fella can hit but his record shows that anyway 18 kos out of 21 Ithink all victories.

Now we'll know if Khan is any good it could turn out to be a blessing for him if he sorts his defence out and reigns his big head in

but he is not very good. Its not just his defence it his boxing style all round. He burns his self out going for these machine gun style attacks to try and get one over on his opponent and when it doesnt pay off he is a sitting duck. The guy has no defence, cant take a punch, is to cock sure of his self, he is quick but not powerfull, he will never achieve what he thinks he will achieve in boxing he should of stayed an amature he doesnt have what it takes to turn pro.

I'm not really into boxing, though my neighbours are, over the past couple of years i have heard them gather for Khan's fights. What interested me was the change in attitude of them to Khan, as time passed. the early fight were greeted with cheers and applause, over time the reception has become muted. culminating in last night when the separating wall nearly fell, with the excitement, as Khan want down! Talking to them, its not his boxing skill that is in question, its just they cant stand the man himself!
Still he is on Sky BoxOffice now, so we can all ignore his fights, lets face it its hard to justify that cost, if its a good fight, never mind Crap like last night. Thank you Sky, never thought I would say that!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back