The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

5teady_2012

Here to help
Reaction score
Done it again and won...

Was crap though to be fair..

I didnt think it was that bad. I know Khan usually finishes them off quick but it was good to see him have to really fight. Mind you I think Khan got most rounds, although he won it by punching when the other bloke was down...didnt like that!

I think he is good but not as good as some ppl think.

I agree 5teady, not that impressive.......

He's a good boxer and did fair job tonight against tricky old pro

Problem with someone like Khan is he is getting too much exposure at the start of his career whilst he is still learning trade. I remember thinking Calzaghe was pants when he first started and look at him now

I think Amir khans defence is pretty poor he still keeps his guard down and is open to certain punches because of it.
in that weight division there are no real greats at the moment .. you are as only good as your opponents put in front of you.
I think better fighters of the past would have exposed his guard, he did not look as efficient counter punching when made to step on the back foot and he will need to work on that as he progresses BUT he is very young , has natural fast hands ,can learn and has come a long way in his pro career to date.

I see no reason why he will not become a world champion soon

Kahn is an awful boxer and an even worse sportsman. Ive been watching him from the begining of his career and when he stops fighting bums (as that is who he is fighting at the moment) he will come unstuck. He runs his mouth off before a fight a bit to much to be professional and even after a fight he still has nothing good to say about his opponent. I cant stand the guy I hate him with a passion put him in the ring with some of the mexican boxers at his weight and he will be destroyed. He does have quic hands ill give him that but his defense is very poor he is constantly open and he can not take a punch. Personally I can not wait for the day he is KO`d and bought down a peg or 2. He also needs to be firmly dealt with over hitting the guy while he was on his knees he was let of to lightly last night for that and he brushed it off by saying oh thats boxing, well no it aint I did that when I boxed for my regiment in the ary and was banned from competing for for 6 months and so should he. Anyways rant over.

Rant away...my hubby thought he should have been penalized more for that punch when the other chap was down. Khans face looked a bit more beat up than normal... I think that bloke gave him a better run for his money! :good:

Yes but the guys he has fought so far have all been bums or used to be good. The guy he fought last night was 30 years old never achieved anything he has only fought champions beofre never actually won anyting ITV just big people up. I remember about a year ago he fought a proper knowbody the kid had no proper corner team he had no sponsorship his shorts had mum and dad on them. Thing is unless you actually have a vast knowledge on boxing and how it works it looks like he is doing really well but in reality he is not just fighting down and outs. I will stand by my word chuck him in the ring with some of the mexicans and see what happens. Nate Campbell is the man to fight in that division he is ibf, wba and wbo champion and is a far better fighter than khan and has a much better boxing technique.

I though the same about Calzaghe and yeah he turned out to be good.

People said the same of Nazeem when he started as they do aboiut Amir Khan. He'll get caught one of these days etc....

....I don't think anyone can argue that Naz was the DBs. Pity his head got so big that he lost sight of what he was supposed to be doing or he would have gone on to dominate even more instead of being the superstar playboy he should've been concentrating on training.

Amir is more doen to earth though and I think he'll come good in the end unlike SirShagalot Audley old man.

Andy

mark7616 your obviously right, i do feel that the weight division he is fighting in at the moment is a weak one so it makes Amir look a lot better than he is.

The..hitting people when down is an obvious no no and i feel he should have been given far more time to recover in the fight i too have boxed and as you know his mind would have been dazed and been on "hey thats unfair" , "why did the ref allow that" and before you know it the ref is allowing khan to finish you off, his mind would not have been focused allowing Khan to finish him off. I vaguely remember a Tyson fight where Tyson coming forward in an attack put his knee down and as he did the opponent hit Tyson and the guy got warned!

Going back to last nights fight the opponent i believe had not fought in 17 months !!!regardless of what anyone says sparring and real fights are very different he would have been ring rusty compared to the level he could have been at.

I also feel frank warren is doing what don king did a few years back very carefully picking opponents so the money comes in.

Ricky Hatton left franks control and has been fighting the people out there and it shows the quality of the guy that he wanted to fight the best ..he lost but at least he was prepared to lay it on the line.. i believe Warren would never have made that fight if it was his decision

Warren has done that with a few fighters and when they run out of fighters of a known winable nature which can be a very long they then get forced into moving there guy up into class opposition the fighter often believes all the hype from the 19 straight wins etc and gets caught out.

I though the same about Calzaghe and yeah he turned out to be good.

People said the same of Nazeem when he started as they do aboiut Amir Khan. He'll get caught one of these days etc....

....I don't think anyone can argue that Naz was the DBs. Pity his head got so big that he lost sight of what he was supposed to be doing or he would have gone on to dominate even more instead of being the superstar playboy he should've been concentrating on training.

Amir is more doen to earth though and I think he'll come good in the end unlike SirShagalot Audley old man.

Andy

I agree completely .even if the division is crap he is still a kid and learning as a kid with every move on national tele, every fighter gets a load of crap fighters to start off look at the crap Tyson fought for first 20 or so fights ( I'm not comparing Khan to Tyson BTW! )

The reason khan is fighting all these bums is not cause he has to its Frank Warren he is a boxing promoter but foremost a business man he will drain as much money out of khan before he does anything else. If khan really does want to further his career he really needs to drop warren. His division is not that weak at the minute there are alot of class fighters in his class but the majority are the south americans. I would like to see him fight Juan Diaz who until recently was undefeated wba, wbo and ibf champion and recently lost to Nate Campbell I would like to see thse 2 put together to see if Khan really does have what it takes but I dont really think he does. He has been put on his #### once but a very very poor fighter and didnt box that well last night put him in with a true hard hitting lightweight and not a pumped up featherweight and then see what happens.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back