Am I cycled?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sadly moving fish is stressful for them. It's not the move home, they may all have been shipped across continents to get to the store. Unfortunately it is not uncommon to lose fish shortly after buying them which is why we quarantine them. As has been said just keep an eye on the rest. My LFS will replace early losses.

Sadly moving fish is stressful for them. It's not the move home, they may all have been shipped across continents to get to the store. Unfortunately it is not uncommon to lose fish shortly after buying them which is why we quarantine them. As has been said just keep an eye on the rest. My LFS will replace early losses.

The rest seem to be doing well, I have just fed them for the first time just a small amount and it was gone within a couple of minutes. They have good colour and are schooling also.

If the fish was doing loops and spirals in the water then it had a protozoan infection. Monitor the others over the next 2 weeks. If any of them act weird let us know immediately. Hopefully there won't be any more issues but just monitor them in case.

You can also contact the shop you bought them from and ask if they have a warranty on fish. Some do some don't. But you probably got a dud fish and they should replace it if the water is good.

Okay maybe you were right, they seem to be dying one by one. I've posted a thread in the emergencies section.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back