Algea Prob

SharkWeek

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello all, iv recently started using a T5 HO light and a Co2 system and have developed a slight algea problem. I have heard that hydrogen peroxide can help destroy the algea. If i do it how will it effect the plants? im only putting in 1 ml per gallon.

Depends a lot on the algae. If you've got high light and CO2 then you need to be looking at nutrients and flow. Peroxide may kill the algae, but if you don't treat the cause then it'll just come back.

Depends a lot on the algae. If you've got high light and CO2 then you need to be looking at nutrients and flow. Peroxide may kill the algae, but if you don't treat the cause then it'll just come back.
Yea I'v got the cause figured out, because im still knew to the HO light iv been leaving it on to long and not supplying enough CO2, iv been working on it. So if i can treat this batch of algea i think iv got it under control.

Again thanks, if you have any tips for a planted tank id love to hear them. :blush:

check out the planted section too fella, lots of pinned threads and pinned links for help in there. :good:

Hello all, iv recently started using a T5 HO light and a Co2 system and have developed a slight algea problem. I have heard that hydrogen peroxide can help destroy the algea. If i do it how will it effect the plants? im only putting in 1 ml per gallon.

You should really treat the cause not just find a solution as it will come back. That has been used by people to help rid the algae tho, I can't say for sure the dosage as I find the cause then treat that.

I've merged and tidied up this one, as there were 2 topics the same in 2 places.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back