Acei research

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi one of the fish I want to keep soon is Psuedotropheus Acei - in particular Itungi or Ngara. I came across this awesome video on YouTube of some wild footage and at around the 1:50 mark there is a huge school of Acei. The behaviour in this video is over all absolutely insane! Never seen anything like those nests the Lethrinops build absolutely nuts!

But the school of Acei is something else and has be rethinking how I might keep them in a tank. Has anyone ever come across anything like this in a tank environment? I'm debating dropping my number of species to 3 and having 2x groups of 5 of the other species and a group of 10-12 of the Acei with the goal of keeping them as a schooling fish.

Such a fascinating video well worth a watch!

Wills

Hi one of the fish I want to keep soon is Psuedotropheus Acei - in particular Itungi or Ngara. I came across this awesome video on YouTube of some wild footage and at around the 1:50 mark there is a huge school of Acei. The behaviour in this video is over all absolutely insane! Never seen anything like those nests the Lethrinops build absolutely nuts!

But the school of Acei is something else and has be rethinking how I might keep them in a tank. Has anyone ever come across anything like this in a tank environment? I'm debating dropping my number of species to 3 and having 2x groups of 5 of the other species and a group of 10-12 of the Acei with the goal of keeping them as a schooling fish.

Such a fascinating video well worth a watch!

Wills
Wow. Amazing! What are they finding to eat in the sand?

Wow. Amazing! What are they finding to eat in the sand?
There will be various bugs and microorganisms living in the sand, small worms, snails etc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back