FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

some of the fish:

astatotilapia latifciata:

P1010364.jpg

baby astatotilapia latifciata:

P1010361.jpg

P1010355.jpg

Jewel cichlids are laying eggs all the time now, but they keep getting eaten! Some of the fish are getting quite big now, everything is going smoothly :)

Thanks for looking,

some of the fish:

astatotilapia latifciata:

P1010364.jpg

baby astatotilapia latifciata:

P1010361.jpg

P1010355.jpg

Jewel cichlids are laying eggs all the time now, but they keep getting eaten! Some of the fish are getting quite big now, everything is going smoothly :)

Thanks for looking,

Hey Aaron - have you labeled that 2nd and 3rd pic wrong?

That has to be a juvenile Pseudotropheus Crabro, surely?

Hey Aaron - have you labeled that 2nd and 3rd pic wrong?

That has to be a juvenile Pseudotropheus Crabro, surely?

well yes & no...

no - because when it was 1st born, i asked for an ID on here and PFK (between a.lafciata & P.Crabbro), and both times they come back with A.L. But as the days go on i am beginning to think it is a crabbro.

So yes, i think i have labelled it wrong, perhaps that is why it started killing all my fish & even the whole tank at the shop :blink: :crazy:

I'm 99% sure it's a Crabro - doesn't look anything like juvie A.latifciata to me although as babies/very young there are similarities.

Crabro always get a "bad rap" IMO - i've kept loads of them over the years and never had an especially aggressive specimin. I wouldn't worry unduly, just keep an eye on things and see how it goes. :good: They do get huge by Mbuna standards though - 8" is quite common.

Well i am not bothered about this one because it will be growing up with all the others which are about 4 or 5" already i doubt it will become to aggresive, i will take it back before it gets to 8" anyway, here is the pic of the baby when i first found it:

P10117072.jpg

I dont have any of the crabbro anymore, i took the last one back (it killed the other 2)

Not as obvious at that age but i'd still say Crabro! :D

Sorry i missed the original thread now.

P1011683.jpg

P1011672-1.jpg

I have got a small bristlenose in there at the moment (3"),
I am also dosing with Melafix as there is quite a few ripped fins and i am worried of infection, does anyone else do a similar procedure or am I being to precautious?
I am also after some more rocks but the shop is struggling to get hold of some.

Thanks for looking. :)

The P.Crabbro absolutley loves cucumber, it has been picking at it all day (from 10.00am till now!)

Pseudotropheus Crabbro
P1011677-1.jpg

Copadichromis Borleyi
P1011698.jpg

Aulouocara jacobfriebiergi
P1011683-1.jpg

Astatotilapia latisifciata
P1011680-1.jpg

Really nice Aaronnorth. You must be proud. It's hard to get still pics isn't it :lol: Fish won't stay still. ;)

Nice Job!! :D

Really nice Aaronnorth. You must be proud. It's hard to get still pics isn't it :lol: Fish won't stay still. ;)

Nice Job!! :D

Thanks, it is very hard to get a pic of the C.Borleyi, it just constantly swims around the tank due to him thinkng he is 'top boss' lol. I could do with a better camera where i can alter shutter speeds, but i have to do my best with what i have got now.

well i went to maidenhead today, they didn't have any copadichromis borleyi in (except 1 :rolleyes: ) for about 7weeks now they have had loads in, apparently everyone went mad on them, any way, i decided to opt for the 3 x pseudotropheus crabbro and 2 x Astatotilapia "CH 44"

in a few week i will get some yellow and white labs, might get a bottom feeder aswell, any suggestions?

1001.jpg

I recape the tank slightly, can't remember if i told you or not, the crabbro are interesting, one of them has been shifting some gravel with its mouth to make a deeper hole, fun to watch, i can see these being so much more interesting than the community fish :) The crabbro are a good 4" aswell and only £5!
You my friend..are skilled.

Seriously it takes me like 5 hours to setup my tank and it doesnt even end up looking that great in the end :blink:

but yours looks awesome!! :hyper:

You my friend..are skilled.

Seriously it takes me like 5 hours to setup my tank and it doesnt even end up looking that great in the end :blink:
but yours looks awesome!! :hyper:

Thank you, looking back at that photo i am realising how much the fish have actually grown! The little hole in the centre (where the A.Latisifciata is hiding) none of the fish would have a chance of squeezing in there now (except the BN)

I am picking up a decent camera tommorow so i finall might be able to get a decent pic of the c.borleyi kj ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back