A Tank Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Is it really that small? I'd prefer to keep fish - maybe i should buy a larger tank!

well here is my solution... tank water is suppost to smell!! i have 2 ten gallons and one smells different than the other ONLY because one has brighter lights and is a few degrees hotter!!!! the smell doesnt mean your dechlor doesnt work!!! :) cause if the smell ment that it doesnt work... i'd have 30 dead fish right now :)

dwarfgourami said:
22 ltrs is about 5 gallons I think, 14 ltrs would be about 3. Quite a restricted choice for fish in either case. A betta would always be fine of course. Maybe a dwarf frog or two? A dwarf puffer for the larger tank or do they need 10 gallons? IMO both tanks are too small for livebearers. There must be something else though....
nope they need 5G

If you leave tap water sit for 24 hours typically all the chlorine gasses leave. But if you also have chloramine put into your local water, only a bottle of water treatment will help with that.

Also, carbon does clean up the water clarity as well as help with the smell. I've heard you don't want to leave activated carbon in for more than a few weeks as the toxins can be rereleased back into the water.

I also found that by leaving the tank lid a slightly bit open lets the smell go. Kinda simple answer, can't believe i didn't think of it!

Most reactions

Back