A Guide On Where To Buy Plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I noticed that aqua essentials plant packages were very similar to aquariumgardening so I emailed them and asked about them.

I had an email back from them stating that they were working in conjuction with them.

Good Article :good:

I just wanted to add that I am currently waiting for an order from Java.

I ordered on Monday 17th August, thinking I would receive the plants the same week, however on calling them, I was told that the order will not be posted until Tuesday 25th.

IT DOES SAY THIS ON THE WEBSITE, (I just misread it) :blush: Basically says that all orders received up to 4pm on Thursday's will be posted the following week.

Basically they take orders upfront and then make an order with their supplier in the Far East.

I will update once I receive the plants.

Christi

Hi, i'm a US user and have used AZ gardens several times over the years. I have never had a bad experience with them. The plants always arrive super healthy and as described on their website. When i've called them with questions they've been friendly and helpful, and they have a good selection of plants.

Good Article :good:

I just wanted to add that I am currently waiting for an order from Java.

I ordered on Monday 17th August, thinking I would receive the plants the same week, however on calling them, I was told that the order will not be posted until Tuesday 25th.

IT DOES SAY THIS ON THE WEBSITE, (I just misread it) :blush: Basically says that all orders received up to 4pm on Thursday's will be posted the following week.

Basically they take orders upfront and then make an order with their supplier in the Far East.

I will update once I receive the plants.

Christi

you can also buy "plant collections" from charterhouse aquatics too!

I ordered from The Aquatic Room the other day.

Good communication with me, saying that the plants requested (Anubias. Barteri, Crypt willsi and Echinodorus bleheri ) were not available, and they were spot on with their new delivery estimate.

The plants were very good quality, wit the Anubias being a little on the smaller side, compared to Tropica, but also cheaper.

I would reccommend them and buy from them again!

Why hasn't this been pinned yet? I went to the plant section expecting to find it pinned, then checked in PARC and it wasn't there either. Thankfully I found it with a search. But seriously mods...get it pinned!

Quick update re Java Plants. Ordered 17th August. they have not arrived yet. Gave them a call and was told they were posted Tuesday afternoon 1st Class.

Mmm. Hope they arrive tomorrow. I am going away for the weekend!!

from the aquatic room does the "shipping" mean that they deliver to your house, or a local store?

I have used AZGardens in the USA several times and you would think with their constant technical talk and price, they would know what they are doing. Each order of three had the wrong plants in it. Even my orders of fish from them were wrong each time. I think I finally learned my lesson and now don't purchase their products.

A vote for last-trading-post (eBay seller)
Ordered "20 vallisnernia spirallis" from there after hearing they were good. Plants arrived pretty sharpish and never mind 20, there were at least 30 very healthy vallis plants in there. So far, in a couple of weeks, I've had a little bit of melt with a few leaves but overall I am very pleased with the quality of the plants and the value for money.

I have used AZGardens in the USA several times and you would think with their constant technical talk and price, they would know what they are doing. Each order of three had the wrong plants in it. Even my orders of fish from them were wrong each time. I think I finally learned my lesson and now don't purchase their products.

AZ Gardens sucks. It should be removed from the list. Seriously, I've never seen a positive review for that place, and my own experience with them was bad as well.

I am recommending Liveaquaria.com for plants (and fish). They have a decent selection and prices. Shipping... hurts. It's expensive, but everything is packed extrememely well, and they have great customer service.

great post this will help out alot of fishkeepers, one of the best post that i have read here WELL DONE

I've just used jjcaquatics on ebay.

Weeping and Java moss - very good size
HC Cuba - not huge, but looks very healthy.

Comms were good, ordered Monday, arrived well packaged today.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back