A Guide On Where To Buy Plants

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

**** PLANTS ALIVE****

I brought plants from plants alive.
The 18inch collection. Plants in sig.

Some were ok but others were not of the best qaulity. Postage took about 10 long days! :) lol
replacements were sent out asap, They were excellent, much better than what i had first recieved!

Edit: SP

JJC Aquatics on ebay have a sizeable range of aquatic plants. All of their stock comprises of genuine aquatic plants too despite what the opening post may infer. They have a reasonable range of aquatic mosses all of which are grown under water. From time to time they also stock rarer species of Echinodorus, Vallis and Crinum. And the Aponogeton bulbs offer superb value for money imho.

They also have a larger selection of aquarium wood such as bogwood and sumatran driftwood.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/JJC-Aquatics__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Sorry to sound repetative. This wonderful thread has also been incorporated into PARC. You can still comment on the thread when you access the link from PARC. Thank you. I told you I was cleaning house!

llj :good:

Hey Iljdma06/arron,

Just looking on AE and it looks like they are selling individual plants again. Also the Aquatic Room currently have their online store disabled. I've emailed to ask how long this will be, but haven't had a reply yet.

US BUYERS

http://www.sweetaquatics.com/

It's a small family owned business in OH. So far I have received two orders and have been very pleased. Their website is very user friendly and the customer service has been second to none. Any e-mail questions I've had have been answered in a timely fashion. Both of my orders were shipped out on Mondays and received on Wednesdays. All plants were wrapped in newspaper and individually bagged and labeled.

excellent thread aaron :good: im venturing into the planted world soon and i intend to splash out on a couple of tropica xls and some from the stansard tropica range . i will be sure to leve some feedback on here when i do .

Actually you have reminded me about plantedbox mentioning XL plants. I got some Aqufleur Anubias and echinodorus radicans XL from there:

the anubias motherplant, which probably has approx 4" rhizome!
DSCF0004-6.jpg

E.Radicans & anubias
DSCF0010-1.jpg

I think there was 2 anubias & one Echinodorus.

Actually you have reminded me about plantedbox mentioning XL plants. I got some Aqufleur Anubias and echinodorus radicans XL from there:

the anubias motherplant, which probably has approx 4" rhizome!
DSCF0004-6.jpg

E.Radicans & anubias
DSCF0010-1.jpg

I think there was 2 anubias & one Echinodorus.

JJC Aquatics is now called Biotope Aquatics. Their new ebay shop can b found here :-

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Biotope-Aquatics

They are currently buiding a new website and plan on selling a wide range of aquatic plants and aquarium wood. Could the opening post be updated to reflect this please?

I was just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/

I was just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/

I have used them recently. They will place your order with their supplier abroad and send the plants to you the week after. I bought Easycarbo and some dosing bottles from there both of which are excellent. I have not been able to find anyone else who sells these dosing bottles. It seems plantedtanks.co.uk and aquariumplantfood.co.uk might be the same people as the photos and products are pretty much identical.

The plants that came through were ok and they came on the day as promised. I am no expert so I can't tell you the quality but they seemed fine - some leaves were browning and had to be removed. My crypts are melting but that normal from what I heard. I emailed them but I never got a reply so if things go according to plan - thumbs up. If they dont I am not sure if they are reachable.

I'd love to know what someone else things of this supplier as I am thinking of doing a replant soon.

Cheers

Ps> I have tried Java Plants in the past and they were ok also. Works in the same way as plantedtanks.co.uk with ordering with the supplier by the end of the week and delivery the week after.
With the supplier I got a creepy insect egg with the plants - but I think this is common with plants grown abroad/outdoors. I think it was a dragonfly thingy and it was hiding amongst my java moss! About 1.5" long and black. It swam away very quickly and I have not seen it since. I still shudder thinking about it!!

I have used them recently. They will place your order with their supplier abroad and send the plants to you the week after. I bought Easycarbo and some dosing bottles from there both of which are excellent. I have not been able to find anyone else who sells these dosing bottles. It seems plantedtanks.co.uk and aquariumplantfood.co.uk might be the same people as the photos and products are pretty much identical.

The plants that came through were ok and they came on the day as promised. I am no expert so I can't tell you the quality but they seemed fine - some leaves were browning and had to be removed. My crypts are melting but that normal from what I heard. I emailed them but I never got a reply so if things go according to plan - thumbs up. If they dont I am not sure if they are reachable.

I'd love to know what someone else things of this supplier as I am thinking of doing a replant soon.

Cheers

Ps> I have tried Java Plants in the past and they were ok also. Works in the same way as plantedtanks.co.uk with ordering with the supplier by the end of the week and delivery the week after.
With the supplier I got a creepy insect egg with the plants - but I think this is common with plants grown abroad/outdoors. I think it was a dragonfly thingy and it was hiding amongst my java moss! About 1.5" long and black. It swam away very quickly and I have not seen it since. I still shudder thinking about it!!

I think I am going to go for it and see what happens. I hope I don't get any aliens like you did though! :lol:

I'll also buy some plants off of eBay. :)

I ordered some plants from this site the week before last, but there is no sign of them. They were supposed to arrive last week if all went according to plan. To be fair they say that things sometimes get held up by customs and so on as they order the plants from overseas when they get your order.

I just emailed them to ask what was going on, but haven't had a reply yet.

I ordered some plants from this site the week before last, but there is no sign of them. They were supposed to arrive last week if all went according to plan. To be fair they say that things sometimes get held up by customs and so on as they order the plants from overseas when they get your order.

I just emailed them to ask what was going on, but haven't had a reply yet.

Hmm, I'm not in a rush but I don't want to be waiting weeks. I don't know what to do :/

Most reactions

trending

Back