80 Gal, Mbuna Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lol ok. thanks anyway.

Since my pH from tap water comes out at 7.6 cichlids would be my best bet, but then the nitrate comes out at 60ppm from tap sometimes :(

Also I know a man that's my driving instructor and has converted his double garage into a fish room... ALL CICHLIDS, so at I guess I could probably get them for cheaper from him maybe...

As he did use to breed them.

All directions are pointing towards cichlids atm.

Well in that tank you could get a nice MBuna set up or go for a nice little oddball community.

Sengal Birchir, Ropefish, JD etc or w/e

Nitrate comes out at about 80 where I am

JOURNAL ENDED

Sold tank, Fish, Rocks everything

Will post some pictures of how it ended :good:

Would like to thank everyone who helped and took interest in this Journal, so a Big tanks to all you Mbuna keepers

As promoised here is the pictures, Needs alot of rocks I know but I liked it :D

more to come

nice ex-tank

have you got any more anks?

Sorry Aaron, Erm Not a Ex-Tank just as of yet mate. And im contemplating keeping it :D, and Yes I have one more 44 gallon which im growing out an oscar in :D...

Ok BIG news update, My scolofi have spawned have have produced this lovley baby

If you squint you may be able to see the fish :D, I know its bad, it was taken by my phone :D...

Hope this little guy survives, as this will keep my interest in these fish :D

Squint? I need a high power magnifiying glass :lol:

j/k I see it. Congrats. That's wonderful. Hope they keep breeding and giving you tons of babies :D

Great news, I saw him feeding today as I bunged quite a bit of flake into the tank and it was cool to see him feed. He didnt venture too far away from his rock though which isnt suprising but if he saw food he would dash out really quickly and dash back in :D...

Im thinking of adding some Syno's when I get a bit of cash, what do y'all think. What are the chances of the babies survival with them?

I just saw a "Moss Wall" on another thread and though it would look AMAZING on the back of my tank, I just wondered is this possible in a mbuna tank. Would they eat it all?.

Ok Updated fish list, From all Losses, Selling etc.

2x C.Afra (Jalo Reef, 1M 1F atm. If it stays this way ill add 2 more F)
3x A.Baesenchi (1M 2F)
1x Yellow Lab (I need more I know)
2x metriaclima greshaki
2x Demasoni
4x Scolofi (1M 2F and 1 Ittle Wittly Baby :D)
2x BN Pleco

Here are some pics of the inhabitants, Havent got a pic of the BN's yet though. The scummy looking yellow labs is dead now btw, and only the nice looking one remains :D.

Image002-1.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image007.jpg

Image009.jpg

These are the two breeding scolofi's that have produced my baby :D

oh well done ace, a great journel, i enjoyed reading that :)

shelagh xxxx

Thanks all for the kind comments, I will be progressing with this journal more when I get more cash, and will be updating about the baby regulary. He is still under his rock atm.

Most reactions

trending

Back