80 Gal, Mbuna Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well the time is finally here and next week I will be getting a huge external filter which will be the FX5 or another big filter......atm I haev stuck the EX600 and got the juwel internal filter on just to make it a bit clearer.

I bought some more rock today and tmorrow I am getting rid of the aurtas!!! which will make room for the daemonsi and johaani...I will also buy another 2 Afra as one died as it was bad stock and another yellow lab which also died due to bad stock....

Just a little update...camera still buggered, TRY TO ADD PICS WHEN I CAN!!

Many THanks
Ace Of Spades

After Reading a thread on TFF, I thought id add a table to keep track of this fish I have etc....there is one fish that is unkown and will have to research into it but cichlid-forum is down and they have the best cichlid profiles:p

bought 2x Demasoni today, One is really pale other is really dark, maybe male and females?, Also thursday going to buy FX5 or 2x EX1200, not too sure yet as I have 180 Spackrooooney's to spend :p

This is what I plan to add to my stock to make it final (you can see current stock on the chart):

3x Yellow Labs
2x C.Afra (Hopefully Coube)
2x P. Demasoni
4x M. Johanni
4/5x Syno Petricola or BN pleco's

With 10x Tank turn over and weekly water changes will this work?

Sounds good but i think you could add some more fish.. no doubt your filtration will beable to handle it. :good:

Sounds good but i think you could add some more fish.. no doubt your filtration will beable to handle it. :good:

You realise this is 32 fish?

and what do you think, Have another shot at the Synodontis or go for the Bristlenoses!!

LOL .. Sorry. I read it wrong :S ... I thought this was your full stock..

3x Yellow Labs
2x P. Demasoni
4x M. Johanni

Ok then, sounds good... Personally, i would have one group less and have more of the others, but thats just me. :rolleyes:

But i dont have any experience with either syno's or plecos at all at mo, so cant really comment on that soz.

LOL .. Sorry. I read it wrong :S ... I thought this was your full stock..

3x Yellow Labs
2x P. Demasoni
4x M. Johanni

Ok then, sounds good... Personally, i would have one group less and have more of the others, but thats just me. :rolleyes:

But i dont have any experience with either syno's or plecos at all at mo, so cant really comment on that soz.

Yeah, I might not get the extra two Demasoni, and I think I might go with the sybo's but ill wait another 2 weeks or so as i dont want em to die again, and this time if I get a few more they might be more active

hey congrats on setting up the Rio300.

Also where did you find that a rio300 is 80gallons? it's 66us gallons, if you type in google '300litres to gallons' and even less for the uk converison.

I have just came home with a Rio300, and have been mind bobbling on what to put in it lol.

Also how hard/easy is it to keep external filters compared to internal filters?
I may get the Fluval External Filter 405, but not sure how they work or are put together, will they fit in the cabinet?

Thanks
P.S. I may also go for cichlid tank as it's swinging that way at the minute.

hey congrats on setting up the Rio300.

Also where did you find that a rio300 is 80gallons? it's 66us gallons, if you type in google '300litres to gallons' and even less for the uk converison.

I have just came home with a Rio300, and have been mind bobbling on what to put in it lol.

Also how hard/easy is it to keep external filters compared to internal filters?
I may get the Fluval External Filter 405, but not sure how they work or are put together, will they fit in the cabinet?

Thanks
P.S. I may also go for cichlid tank as it's swinging that way at the minute.

Lol ok, Ive looked into it again just to make sure im right its 79.3 US gallons or something and 66.1 UK Gallons so im pretty sure in saying 80gal...........................................................................
..................lol

Like the tank hate the interna, removing it soon :p
External is much easier, matinence better looks etc...
My Tetratec EX1200 Fits perfectly in the cabinet and willy be gettin another shortly...

as someone has posted in my journal I think I will update with some test results :p

PH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20

This was using a API Mastertest Kit (Freshwater)

Silly man was insistent they didnt do a FW one and basically laughed at me.... :crazy:

Ok sorry my bad.

Could you show a picture of your External Filter, as I've seen tanks with external filters and alot of pipes everywhere, and basically just want to know if there is loads of pipes/cables/wires everywhere or not.

If there is I will have to stick to the internal, due to me having a young distructive dog lol.

Lol ok. thanks anyway.

Since my pH from tap water comes out at 7.6 cichlids would be my best bet, but then the nitrate comes out at 60ppm from tap sometimes :(

Also I know a man that's my driving instructor and has converted his double garage into a fish room... ALL CICHLIDS, so at I guess I could probably get them for cheaper from him maybe...

As he did use to breed them.

All directions are pointing towards cichlids atm.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back