80 Gal, Mbuna Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

WoW I am really lucky, A bit of an update on the baby story.

Last night I saw the pair become really agressive and chasing everyone around the tank, then I have just noticed the females mouth is jam packed with eggs///babies, hopefully some survive like last time. This is such good news!...

The original baby is still alive and well, and is hiding our underthe rock. My biggest challenge atm is the Demasoni as they are big enough to fit under the rock and potentially eat the babies.

Nice Aaron congrats on the baby mate, Exiting isnt it :D.

Ok a bit of a update, Well I think the mother spat them out already and they have already been eaten, but I found one of them so now I have two babies hiding under the rock with the plecos. It isnt that bad tbh I wasnt exspecting any to survive in the tank without being eaten so Im very pleased.

On other news my Grekshai (sp?) Have started to change from their juvenile colors into that amazing blue I love, which is going to be quite nice.

Also I need help on stocking, Im going to be removing the peacocks as due to research and seeing how they act in the tank they aint really feeling at home. Not so much getting abused but they dont look as though they are acting good. So I will be adding some more Mbuna and getting rid of those. So far I have:

3x Scolofi
1x Yellow Lab
2x C.Afra (Jalo Reef)
2x Grekshai
3x Aulocarna Baesenchi (Removing them)
2 Bristlenose Pleco
2x Baby Scolofi (Will probally give to the LFS)
2X Demasoni (Removed One)

So I coud that at 10 Fish. What I wanted to do was add 6X Synodontis Petricola, 3x Yellow Labs and 3x Crabro. This would then give me 22 Fish, my question is would this be feasable, Could I maybe fit in some Johanni or maybe a Elongatas?, I have lots of filtration, tank is mature and I do plenty of water changes.

Ill leave it up to you to answer this question :D...

Thanks for reading my journal

I think im nearing close to my fullstocking limit I added four fish:

1X Johanni
1x Crabro
2x Albino P.Zebra

and alot more rock heres some pictures :D

Image004-1.jpg

Image005.jpg

cool, so you are keeping the tank then?

Yeah after the breeding Ive decided to give it another shot as its kept me interested, And it really does look good in the front room :D

Oh yeah I ought a blue juwel antic light, but its too blue :D thought it was only gonna be slight so im going to trade it in for another daylight. Hopefully they will trade it in :D

looking good :)

Cheers mate, I wasnt on for long earlier so I couldnt write up. But now I am soo...

Basically Ive been kind of bad as I bought a hap without knowing what it is, I can give it back if its going to be a problem but ill post a ID thread on it later. So today I went and got the Tropheus and within hours he has settle'd in and he is rather mean lol. I removed the Juwel Interal as it was kicking out more crap then it was taking in so basically there will have to be bigger and more frequent water changes until I can afford my replacement. The Scolofi is still kicking out babies and so is one of my peacocks, I think the albino Zebra may also have some babies but as of yet I am still unsure.

In-turn with removing the Juwel internal as you can see from the picture above I have added alot more rock to that tank, it was quite good as I went to get the rock and there was 5 pieces and the man was so tired he said just give me a fiver so I went and bought a lovley Afra (Coube) for £15 as he was top quality. I havent seen him much as he is getting alot of greif off the other afra which I hope dies down a bit, because in the shop the colors where unmatchable from the GOLD on his fins and the orange on his nose he looked amazing.

Apart from that the only plans for my tank now are the Synodontis Petricola which will be the final stocking then the only thing I will buy after that is some moonlights and another day light tube :D..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back