75g Mbuna Journal

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Hi, I can give you a suggestion about ordering fish!

This one has a ton of Synodontis.. I haven't ordered from them, but you can read it over and call them if you have ?'s.

Catfish here too! They seem really good too!

Another fish site I haven't bought from this one yet, but my brother in law recommended them. He has a 150 gallon saltwater tank. Easiest thing to do is type in synodontis in the search and it'll bring up some.

:nod: Another...Are you getting tired of looking yet...LOL! This was also recommended by my bro in law. I have purchased some supplies from them and called with a question. They shipped really fast and the gal was polite and answered my ?. Shipping isn't too bad either. One of my orders was 60lbs of sand and shipping was 10.99. Pretty good deal, I thought! The price of the sand was cheaper than from my LFS even with shipping!

The main reason I haven't ordered fish yet is b/c I'm still setting up my 125 gallon!!! Hard to order many more fish when I barely have the room in the other tank for the ones I have!! :lol:

___edit____

BTW... Great tank!! Looks Good! :D :kewlpics:

Thanks For the links, I haven't really even started looking at buying fish. I don't really know if the fish I listed will be what I end up getting...

2/25 I did a 70% water change to try and get my nitrites back to a testable range, this lowered the NO2 to ~0. So I added 2 tbl spoons of NH3 again. I woke the next day and realized I forgot to turn back on the filter :blush: OOPs so I tested and turned on the filter, the NH3 was still at 4ppm and the NO2 ~0. I tested again last night when I got home from work NH3 ~1 NO2 <5ppm, could the NO2 be coming from the plants, snails etc? I will test again today when I get home, hopefully I didn't kill off too much of the AOB when I left the filter off.

on 2/16 I won a Fluval 405 on ebay, paid right away, seller left feedback for me but other then that I haven't heard anything. I have emailed them 2 times and called 3 times no response, they only live about an hour from me so I should have got the filter by now. I am starting the claim process through paypal but will have to wait to get the second filter :-(.

Any ways that is all that is happening at this point with the tank, I am really excited to be able to add fish it is getting hard for me to not start buying them... Hopefully everything will come full circle in the next week.

on 2/16 I won a Fluval 405 on ebay, paid right away, seller left feedback for me but other then that I haven't heard anything. I have emailed them 2 times and called 3 times no response, they only live about an hour from me so I should have got the filter by now. I am starting the claim process through paypal but will have to wait to get the second filter :-(.

Any ways that is all that is happening at this point with the tank, I am really excited to be able to add fish it is getting hard for me to not start buying them... Hopefully everything will come full circle in the next week.
I bought two 30" Jalli corporation strip lights on ebay. They did come, but one is broken. Each end broke. But I did buy insurance. Now we're waiting for the refund from UPS.

I'm getting excited about moving my fish to my big tank. Hopefully I'll be able to do that later this week. I also plan to move my eheim and sponge filter from my 30 gallon to my 125 gallon so it'll already be cycled. I only had problems when I added a ton of fish to my 29 gallon. Hopefully I'll have enough AOB in the two filters that I move over.

Any change in your tank yet?
Hope you get to add some fish soon!!!! Good Luck!!

I bought two 30" Jalli corporation strip lights on ebay. They did come, but one is broken. Each end broke. But I did buy insurance. Now we're waiting for the refund from UPS.

I'm getting excited about moving my fish to my big tank. Hopefully I'll be able to do that later this week. I also plan to move my eheim and sponge filter from my 30 gallon to my 125 gallon so it'll already be cycled. I only had problems when I added a ton of fish to my 29 gallon. Hopefully I'll have enough AOB in the two filters that I move over.

Any change in your tank yet?
Hope you get to add some fish soon!!!! Good Luck!!

Nothing has changed, I ordered a new filter on Sat, can take up to 30 days for Paypal to refund my money. I ordered a XP4 this time, I was going back and fourth last time and finally got the Fluval due to pricing, this time there was a XP4 for only $15 more. I should be getting my lights today or tomorrow, the filter will probably be here by next week. My NO2 is still off the chart, I think I am going to do another 50% water change tonight to try and drop them down to a testable level.

I will update again if anything changes.

I hope to get to add fish soon too :blink:

GOOD NEWS

I think my tank is processing both NH3 and NO2. I tested NH3, NO2, NO3 last night and the NO3 is so high the NO2 must be being processed. I also did a 25% water change last night but that didn't bring the NO2 down below 5ppm so I can't accurately test it.

Tonight I am going to do a 50% water change hopefully that will lower my NO2 to near 0 then I will add 1 ppm of NH3 and test again tomorrow. If all goes well I may be able to add fish this weekend :fun: :hyper: <--Just membered that this depends on if the lights and filter arrive.

Other news, the seller of the Fluval 405 got back to me last night 17 days after close of auction saying he went on a trip so the filter was sent out yesterday :/. Anyone want a 405, I will probably put it on ebay once I receive it.

Sounds good - Now for the fun part! :hyper:

Oh well - it's still something to look forward to. :D

What's causing the delay?

Oh well - it's still something to look forward to. :D

What's causing the delay?

Mainly the filter, right now I only have a 304 running and I want to have the new filter setup before I add the fish, that way it has some time to build up the bacteria.

GOOD NEWS
If all goes well I may be able to add fish this weekend :fun: :hyper:
Yea!!! I hope you can!! Do you know what kind you may get?

It will be at least these, maybe 1 or 2 more species depending on what is available:
5xPseudotropheus Acei (Yellow Tail Acei)
5xLabidochromis Caeruleus (Yellow Lab)
3x(1m/2f)Metriaclima Lombardoi (Kenyi), these will be juvi's so I may get 5 and sell back all except 1 male.
5xSynodontis Njassae, if the lfs can get them.

I like the C. Afra that you have, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I will probably add the Acei and Labs first and add the Kenyi later.

I like the C. Afra that you have, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I will probably add the Acei and Labs first and add the Kenyi later.

I actually got my c. afras on ebay!! His id is Joshr1977. He has some listed. Type afra in the search. For the section do home and garden. I know you may be skeptical, but read his lisiting. He has a 100% live arrival guaruntee and he'll even refund the shipping charges if something goes wrong. He ships overnight (usually tues) and packs them, I believe, with 60 or 72 hour heat packs and uses bag buddies. He has great feedback also! My fish seem to be excellent specimens. I've actually talked to him on the phone a few times...once because I was skeptical and once because I wanted to confirm the date he was going to ship them (since we were going on vacation). He even invites people to come look at his breeding setup!

I actually got my c. afras on ebay!! His id is Joshr1977. He has some listed. Type afra in the search. For the section do home and garden. I know you may be skeptical, but read his lisiting. He has a 100% live arrival guaruntee and he'll even refund the shipping charges if something goes wrong. He ships overnight (usually tues) and packs them, I believe, with 60 or 72 hour heat packs and uses bag buddies. He has great feedback also! My fish seem to be excellent specimens. I've actually talked to him on the phone a few times...once because I was skeptical and once because I wanted to confirm the date he was going to ship them (since we were going on vacation). He even invites people to come look at his breeding setup!

I saw one of your post about him earlier, I just can't justify spending $35 on shipping for 3-6 fish. If he had a few of the species I was looking at I would probably order from him. I am hoping I can find another species I like locally to add to the tank, living in Ca has its advantages with all the lfs.

I saw one of your post about him earlier, I just can't justify spending $35 on shipping for 3-6 fish. If he had a few of the species I was looking at I would probably order from him. I am hoping I can find another species I like locally to add to the tank, living in Ca has its advantages with all the lfs.

Yea...tell me about it! That's why I went ahead and got more fish with it. It's only 35 shipping no matter if you buy 1, 2, 3, or 4 of his auctions. (4 auctions make it 8.75 per auction). I know still a little high, but better than just 1, i guess!

You could always try asking at your lfs! Maybe they'll get you some.

Just finished the water change, and tested, results:

NH3 0
NO2 5
NO3 40-80

Would it be hurt anything if i don't add more NH3 tonight? I want to see if the NO2 drops but if I add NH3 I wont be able to test it.

Due to the still high NO* I will have to do another large water change before adding any fish :(.

Most reactions

Back