5Ft Background Change

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
The old background is now out....as soon as i can get my eldest demon spawn to come over and help Hubby move the tank outside, i will be starting the new background. I'm looking forward to getting started!!

Sounds cool
good.gif

Though am wondering exactly why you're getting rid of this lovely background that you put so much effort into.

I know you mentioned in chat it had design flaws and too bulky, but am being kinda nosey and wonder what the design flaws were?

Eagerly looking to see what you're going to replace this background with
smile.png

BTW good luck with the 'demon' spawn :lol:

Mainly the design flaws are my reason for removing it. The inlets for the filter and powerhead were not big enough and prone to blocking up, meaning the canister /powerhead could run dry. The outlets on the other hand were too large and fish could get stuck in them causing death.

Oh blimey, definitely needs a change if these 'flaws' are possible to do such things.

Always good to learn of these things so that in future you are aware of potential problems and could easily be designed otherwise.

Nice to know and lets see what you design this time ;)

They were definitely possible, both had occurred, the blocking up more times than the death thankfully, so yes it needed to be changed

Can't wait for pictures of the redo!

So i finally have the tank cleaned up (silicone etc off where the old background was). Currently it is sitting on my kitchen table lol. I cant do the render or such until it is outside in the undercover area as its just too messy. If hubby is around tomorrow and i can get my eldest demon spawn to come around, i will get them to move it out for me, then i can start working out how i want this one to go.
I am also debating working some wood or wood like look into this background...will see what i come up with.

As soon as its outside i'll start getting some pics with updates....i am hanging to get started! (The goldies need their tank back ASAP!!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back