55 Gallon Goldfish Adventure!

Yep no probs.....i was getting ready to remove a heap of filter wadding from my goldie tank and replace.....it will be teeming with BB

First lot of ammonia is in 

Test results are in. Tubes L-R Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH

photo1-2.jpg

High range pH test

photo2-2.jpg

Ammonia = 3 ppm
Nitrite = 0ppm
Nitrate = 5 - 10ppm?
pH = 8.4

Will have some mature media to chuck in tomorrow thanks to @Alasse so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks to Alasse I now have some a heap of mature media. Should be cycled in a week or two. Woohoo! :nod:

Alasse is so kind! I hope your cycle goes quickly :)

So I haven't tested for a few days (both lazy and busy with work, whoops) so I haven't tested since Wednesday night.

Tested today and both ammonia and nitrite  are zero, so I think I missed the seeing nitrite spike on the tests? Have chucked in another dose of ammonia to bring it to 3ppm, will test again at the same time tomorrow and see what is says.

Are you keeping a log of the tank? Like when you added ammonia and how much and what the readings are. Don't feel bad, I have missed testing a lot as well on some tanks when cycling them >.<

Ninjouzata said:
Are you keeping a log of the tank? Like when you added ammonia and how much and what the readings are. Don't feel bad, I have missed testing a lot as well on some tanks when cycling them >.<
Yeah, I am keeping log on here as well as in my head. I will be very surprised if I am not ammonia and nitrite zero tomorrow, considering how much mature media I have got.

Today's test results are in. After dosing back up to 3ppm 24hrs ago, I have got .50ppm ammonia and somewhere between 0ppm and .25ppm nitrite.

IMG_2356.jpg

Should I consider myself back at the start? I think I've stuffed up my cycle by not testing during those few days. Do I wait until nitrite is over 2ppm and then dose again. I am getting to a  point now where the instructions are confusing the heck out of me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back