50G Planted

Not bothering with this anymore, obviously no one is actually interested :rolleyes: More interested in telling me that one of my fish is unhappy, when I know he is not he is just a moody wally :rolleyes:
Theres no need to feel like that. If you know its healthy then dont let it bother you :good:

I know, but annoyed as Nick16 decided to bring this thread up again, and very patronisingly decided to show me what a happy Keyhole looks like.

Not bothering with this anymore, obviously no one is actually interested :rolleyes: More interested in telling me that one of my fish is unhappy, when I know he is not he is just a moody wally :rolleyes:
Theres no need to feel like that. If you know its healthy then dont let it bother you :good:

I know, but annoyed as Nick16 decided to bring this thread up again, and very patronisingly decided to show me what a happy Keyhole looks like.
I get what you mean but if you know it is fine then just ignore it. The more you raise to it the more some people do it.

I get what you mean but if you know it is fine then just ignore it. The more you raise to it the more some people do it.

True :good:

True :good:
So can i see a tank pic then haha

Here you go :)

DSCN2350.jpg

Not very good, but was just a quick shot taken during the day.

Got Amazon Sword, some Crypts, Nymphaea Red Tiger Lotus and the Anubias Nana in there as my only real plants. I gave up on the Java Moss and Hygro thingy I had (just kept floating to the top as haven't got enough substrate) and the moss made my tank a mess as the fish kept playing with it.

The fish appreciate what's in there though it seems, and like their fake plant to swim in and around :)

Thanks. I am on the lookout for a bigger bit of wood suitable for the middle, as I am not happy with the tank yet. However it has the ground plants/Anubias to keep the Khulis happy, and the larger plants to keep the other fish happy, so does it's job for the moment.

I've just ordered a powerhead for this tank so won't be buying anything else for a while... :lol:

Lol
Some ones selling a load of wood here
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/333599-bog-wood/

For my tank i just got a few bits from the woods and sanded them down and cut they to the shapes and sizes i wanted. Worked well :good:

What I really want is a twisty, thinner piece to really make a statement in there. Don't want to loose any of the water volume due to large bits of wood :good:

s'pose your going to have another go if i point out that the 'purple' looking plant is non aquatic and will eventually rot. Much like the dracena species they are more of a marsh/bog plant than a true submerged aquatic plant.
did you rescue that from a P@H tank?

the answer to your wood problem is redmoor! very lightweight but gnarly!

isnt the purple plant the plastic one mentioned above?

you have some nice pieces of wood in there :) they always look better off-centre aswell ;)

as for substrate... i wonder if you ever feel like you have enough.. i was re-planting my tank yesterday and was just wishing for some more :lol:

s'pose your going to have another go if i point out that the 'purple' looking plant is non aquatic and will eventually rot. Much like the dracena species they are more of a marsh/bog plant than a true submerged aquatic plant.
did you rescue that from a P@H tank?

the answer to your wood problem is redmoor! very lightweight but gnarly!

:lol: :lol: I believe you were the one 'having a go' as you put it :rolleyes:

For your information, the purple plant is the silk/fake plant I mentioned. Doesn't look great but the fish like it, so that's all that matters :lol:

No point being sarky either, I am pleased I rescued my Keyhole from P&H :rolleyes: 75p from an overcrowded tank.

isnt the purple plant the plastic one mentioned above?

you have some nice pieces of wood in there :) they always look better off-centre aswell ;)

as for substrate... i wonder if you ever feel like you have enough.. i was re-planting my tank yesterday and was just wishing for some more :lol:

Yep, you're right about the purple plant, it is fake. Thought that was quite obvious :lol:

I got another small bag of the 'black' sand I bought, but really would like the replace the whole lot and have a deeper bed, but I am loathe to disturb the fish with it.

P@H are terrible. the one near me has more dead fish than alive ones but the staff are all to busy!
i like to give my trade to a local family business who actually take pride in the store and stock. shame more of them arent around as alot of serious fish keeps would use them!

P@H are terrible. the one near me has more dead fish than alive ones but the staff are all to busy!
i like to give my trade to a local family business who actually take pride in the store and stock. shame more of them arent around as alot of serious fish keeps would use them!

Yeah but even P@H wouldn't be so stupid to think a fake plant were a real one :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back