50G Planted

If you wanted to add some more substrate and its all washed, I've always thought (never been told/read about it tho..) that you could put it in a fish bag, put it at the bottom and just open the bag and pour it over gently... I'd definately put some more plants in there :)

If you wanted to add some more substrate and its all washed, I've always thought (never been told/read about it tho..) that you could put it in a fish bag, put it at the bottom and just open the bag and pour it over gently... I'd definately put some more plants in there :)

I put a little bag extra in there as my Keyhole is getting randy so keeps digging, and this has helped a little. I don't want to bag my fish up again for a while as we had a major tank shuffle not too long ago (this tank was at OH's parents, swapped some fish around for new tank etc etc).
Maybe in a few months I'll get some proper plant substrate and do it all properly :lol:

if you start in one half or corner of the tank and work your way slowely over to the other side, dropping the substrate in as low as you can get, then the fish should just stay out the way. i replanted my whole tank yesterday with my cory's and cherry barb in there and they were fine with it all

ChilliPepper i hope you keep the journal going :) Please do

it is indeed a pretty tank i also hope you keep the journal going :)

ash

Most reactions

Back