5 gallon stocking

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Bettas are good like that but its rare, When adding shrimp to a Betta tank consider them food for the fish anything else is a bonus, and in a 5 gallon tank there are not many places to hide.

True but I won't be adding shrimp til the tank is heavily planted and grown in some more and I will prob be stopping co2 on the tank too and instead make a plant barracks

That's enough with the bickering, people, thank you.

We don't have 'advanced users' on this forum; if people are more knowledgeable, then they can help out more, that's all.

Everyone has to start out learning and while it's fine to point out if someone's doing something wrong, please do so without personal insults.

Do remember that new fishkeepers just starting the hobby are usually unawares that 5 gallons / 20 litre tanks are too small for most species of fish and the advice given by a lot of LFS are unhelpful and even encourage new keepers to start with a 5 gal tank with inappropriate stocking suggestions from LFS staff members, bear in mind not ALL LFS staff are like this but sadly is an all too common occurence.

So its absolutey correct that the OP, SnailPocalypse, is asking for advice BEFORE actually stocking his 5 gal tank. We encourage folks to ask questions or query anything that they are unsure of simply because they are possibly new to the hobby or just simply want to learn more.

As for 'advanced users', well, I for one, am not one of these 'advanced user' for sure, and am continously learning new things all the time about this hobby which is one of the reasons why I love this hobby. The fact that I can pass on some of what I've learned over the years into this forum for other members to use as part of their research makes it all the more rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back