April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnailPocalypse

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So heres my plan for it aqadvisor (yes I know its pretty inaccurate said it should be fine)anyways heres the stocking dwarf gourami
4 otocinclus will be heavily planted and I know dwarf may not be ok just wondering that the dwarf will stay peaceful and all through quarintine and stuff and that they will be fine I usually quartine fish for a while and some may stay pernmanet if things get bad anywaysn thanks!

5 gallon is way too small for ottos, 20 gallon minimum its also too small for a gourami.

You should probably be looking at maybe a Betta, or like a Shrimp tank or something. A 5g tank is really quite small. There aren't many species of fish that could live comfortably in there.

That tank is too small for those fish. It may be better to just get a bigger tank, or maybe consider something that can live in there such as a betta (which someone else mentioned).

I would love to do a shrimp tank if cherry shrimp werent 5 bucks a pop around here
mostly all shrimp are except ghosts and the reason I put otocinculus is I have a algae problem I cant sseem to get rid of I have done a blackout and reduced ferts but nothing

Fix the root cause of your algae problems before masking it, do you keep plants? If not the cause of your algae will be too much light, reduce your photo period.

As above the tank is way too small for Oto's, the best place for shrimp is eBay or gum tree etc, get them from other hobbyists

And one I have been working on the algae problem and found what was happening was my diy mix for co2 was getting into the tank causing the algae so I fied my co2 thing and I haven't put anything in the tank yet so chill cooledwhip Probably goanna go with shrimp only

Don't forget that cherry shrimp are quite easy to breed, so you won't have to buy too many to start you off :)

Around here Otos are $20 a pop
https://www.livefish.com.au/tropicals/catfish/otocinclus-3cm.html
You will find the Otos probably dont eat the Algae type you are having problems with.
And the chances are they wont survive because they are fussy eaters.
Wow, in the UK they're like £3.50 (around $5).

Not arguing with someone who calls themselve a "higher user."A higher user would be a mod who I would respect.And it was a question so.I have decided im probably goanna go with a betta and shrimp.
Betta will eat Shrimp. Just have a Betta OR Shrimp. Not both.

Hey OP - I would stop using the DIY CO2, it's very unstable especially on a tank as small as 5 gallons and will only go towards promoting your algae growth, if your lighting is very intense I would suggest adding some floating plants in order to shade your other plants providing they're low light plants, this should go towards solving your algae issues.

Algae problem is solved Im not worried about it much anymore and Nick had a betta that didn't eat shrimp much I think but to be safe I will test it with ghost shrimp and otos around here are 2 bucks a pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back