5.3 gallon split tank for Bettas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

xcalibreplcp

Reaction score
Hi

I own a few Bettas however I'm still learning.

I have:

1 fem betta in 6.5 gallon tank
2 males in 2 separate 5 gallon tanks

and

I have two other male bettas in two separate 2.5 gallon tanks. Heated and seem really happy. A goos sign of their comfort is the millions of bubbles they love to blow every day.

I wanted to add a nicer looking tank to my collection and purchases the Aqua One Betta Duo (specs say 5.3 gallons) system for these two little guys but now Im having second thoughts.
https://www.bigalspets.com/aqua-one-betta-aquariums.html?sku=52092

1. I'm concerned the filter current and water flow may be too strong for the little gents.

2. Is the aquarium suitable for two bettas Does anyone have experience with this system? (google was no help and other garbage affiliate sites are no help).

Does anyone have any experience with these tanks?

Suggestings and alternatives would be really appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Hi

I own a few Bettas however I'm still learning.

I have:

1 fem betta in 6.5 gallon tank
2 males in 2 separate 5 gallon tanks

and

I have two other male bettas in two separate 2.5 gallon tanks. Heated and seem really happy. A goos sign of their comfort is the millions of bubbles they love to blow every day.

I wanted to add a nicer looking tank to my collection and purchases the Aqua One Betta Duo (specs say 5.3 gallons) system for these two little guys but now Im having second thoughts.
https://www.bigalspets.com/aqua-one-betta-aquariums.html?sku=52092

1. I'm concerned the filter current and water flow may be too strong for the little gents.

2. Is the aquarium suitable for two bettas Does anyone have experience with this system? (google was no help and other garbage affiliate sites are no help).

Does anyone have any experience with these tanks?

Suggestings and alternatives would be really appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk
I can tell you right now that 5 gallons is the bare minimum for a single betta. Some on here may argue that its 2.5, but I find this statement to be bogus. (just my opinion). I'm of the mind the more space the better for a betta. Two betta in a 5 gallon would kill each other unless seperated by a divider of some sort, plus adding two fish to a just cycled tank might throw your water parameters off by a bit. Id personally recommend a lushly planted tank for one betta, or returning your current unit and going for a ten gallon and getting a divider so that the two betta who share the tank have ample room.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back